Seat Ibiza insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Seat Ibiza by age and location.
The Seat Ibiza is a supermini produced by the Spanish manufacturer since 1984. It has been traditionally been spacious for this type, as well as being affordable to run and insure. In this guide, you’ll discover the key facts about insuring a Seat Ibiza.
Seat Ibiza insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to determining the cost of your car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Seat Ibiza models range from insurance groups 2 to 19, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly, depending on a number of different factors. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £653 for cover on a Seat Ibiza FR Sport 1.0 MPI 80PS 5d, or around £700 for a Seat Ibiza SE Technology 1.0 TSI 95PS 5d.
You can find the insurance group, and likely insurance cost, of your Seat Ibiza model in the table below.
Average Seat Ibiza insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Seat Ibiza, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Seat Ibiza with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £58.83, or an annual sum of £648.48.
Seat Ibiza insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Seat Ibiza insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Seat Ibiza FR 1.0 MPI 80PS 5d.
- Expensive: £780 (London SE1)
- Average: £653 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £459 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Seat Ibiza insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, other key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs include:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £653 for the 1.0-litre Seat Ibiza FR MPI 80PS 5d, but could pay around £731 for the 1.6 litre Seat Ibiza FR TDI 95PS 5d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £836 for insurance for a Seat Ibiza Xcellence 1.0 TSI 95PS 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £700.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,689 for the Seat Ibiza FR 1.5 TSI Evo 150PS 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £885.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Seat Ibiza car insurance?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it to be unaffordable. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are a few tricks you can try in order to save on your car insurance premiums, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £57.48 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Seat Ibiza facts and trivia
- The Seat Ibiza is assembled in Martorell, Barcelona.
- Ever since its second generation, the design has been inspired by the Volkswagen Polo.
This Spanish supermini has a lot going for it, including the cost of insuring it. Follow the tips in this guide and you have great chance of driving your premiums even lower.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert