Renault Kadjar insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Renault Kadjar based on your age and location.
The Renault Kadjar is an SUV that has been available since 2015. This vehicle provides plenty of room for the money you’ll pay. It’s a perfectly reliable vehicle, if a little unexciting. In this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to insure based on the specific model version and factors related to the driver.
What insurance group does the Renault Kadjar fall under?
Before being made available to buy, all vehicles are assigned a specific insurance group based on how expensive they should be for insurance companies to cover. These groups range from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). Renault Kadjar models can be found in insurance groups ranging from 14 to 25, meaning the car insurance will be on the cheap side.
However, the costs will vary slightly depending on the model of Renault Kadjar you are planning to buy and what insurance group it sits in. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £768 for cover on a Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi Expression+ 5d that is in insurance group 14 or around £868 for a Renault Kadjar GT Line Blue dCi 150 4×4 5d that is in insurance group 25. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Renault Kadjar insurance cost by location
The table will help you to calculate the average cost of Renault Kadjar insurance, based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are many other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium.
Your location is one of the most significant of these. To show the potential influence of your postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Renault Kadjar Expression+ TCe 160 5d.
- Expensive: £972 (London SE1)
- Average: £816 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £615 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Renault Kadjar insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. For example, it may cost £948 for insurance for a Renault Kadjar 1.2 TCE Expression+ 5d, while you may pay £978 for a Renault Kadjar Signature Nav TCe 160 5d.
- Driver location. Your address helps insurers determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. If you live in an area where motorists are more likely to claim, you’ll pay more for your insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £948 for insurance for a Renault Kadjar 1.2 TCE Signature S Nav 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £791.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers represent the biggest risk to insurers, because they are the most likely to make a claim on their insurance. That’s why they have to pay more. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,670 for the Renault Kadjar S Edition Blue dCi 115 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £875. As you can see, in this example, the average 20-year-old would have to pay almost double to cover a Renault Kadjar.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claim discount
How can I save on my Renault Kadjar premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, there’s no reason to let it empty your bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal that’s available to you. So, here are some tricks you can try to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. If you pay annually for car insurance, you’ll eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly premiums.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you can make your car, the more of a discount you’re likely to be offered by car insurance companies, as you’ll be rated as less of a risk to them.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you. There may be cheaper options out there!
The Renault Kadjar is an SUV that provides good value for money, including its insurance costs. You can expect to pay below the average rate to insure this vehicle, and the tips in this guide will help you reduce your premiums even more.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Vauxhall Vivaro insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Vivaro falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota iQ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota iQ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Roadster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Roadster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Jaguar XE insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jaguar XE falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Honda Accord insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Honda Accord falls under and how much it costs to insure.