Trussle is an online mortgage broker that searches through over 11,000 mortgage deals to find what you need. It says it saves customers an average of £4,000 a year on mortgage repayments.
If you’re looking for a simple way to find a great mortgage deal, it’s worth considering Trussle.
This online mortgage broker will search through around 11,000 mortgages offered by 90 lenders to find you a great deal. It saves its customers an average of £4,000 per year on mortgage repayments. Not bad for a service that’s absolutely free.
Enter your personal and financial details into Trussle’s online survey, then sit and relax as it tracks down the most suitable deal. You can complete the deal by communicating with Trussle’s mortgage experts by email, phone or online chat.
There’s no need to arrange face-to-face appointments with a mortgage broker, nor to shell out hundreds of pounds to be hand-picked a great deal.
Trussle is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and it promises to never unnecessarily share your data with third parties.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
How does Trussle work?
Trussle begins by asking some simple questions to ensure it can assist you.
You’ll be asked if you’re buying a new home or looking to remortgage. You’ll then be asked if you’ve suffered any serious slips in your recent credit history, such as bankruptcies, CCJs or property repossessions.
If it’s determined that Trussle can help, you’ll be asked to create an account.
From there, you’ll be asked basic details about your income so Trussle can calculate the maximum amount of money you are likely to be able to borrow.
It will allow you to download a Trussle “Mortgage In Principle” confirming this amount, although this won’t carry any weight with any specific lender.
The next stage is to enter more complex financial details, plus details about the property you’re hoping to buy.
From here, you’ll be asked to contact a mortgage adviser by email, live online chat or arranging a phonecall. These experienced experts will walk you through the best deals.
The waiting time for a response by phone or email is one working day.
The working hours for Trussle’s mortgage experts are:
- Monday to Thursday: 10.00 -19.00.
- Friday: 10.00 – 17.00.
- Saturday: 10.00-17.00.
After helping you choose the best deal, Trussle’s experts will submit an application on your behalf and keep you updated on the progress of the application.
What’s more, they’ll compare your mortgage against the market every day, notifying you whenever you could save by switching to a new deal.
Is it safe?
Trussle is completely free to use with no hidden costs and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It’s therefore bound by the same standards and regulations as all major financial companies. The service is completely free to use and your data won’t be unnecessarily shared with third parties.
Are there alternatives?
Other mortgage brokers have already launched robo-advice platforms. These include:
- MortgageGym. This online broker searches the whole of the UK mortgage market to suggest a mortgage for you within 60 seconds. Discover how this online broker can help you find a great mortgage deal.
- Dashly. This smartphone app searches through tens of thousands of mortgages to help you find the best deal, then sends you alerts whenever you can save money by switching mortgage.
- Habito. This is a free online mortgage broker, which scours through over 20,000 products to estimate the best deal for you within minutes.
Where do I sign up?
You can visit trussle.com. After answering a few basic questions, you can create an account using your email address, Facebook account or Google account.
Trussle pros and cons
- Trussle is free to use.
- You can use it 24 hours a day.
- You can speak to a human advisor online to ensure you get the best available deal.
- It’s regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- You’ll be notified whenever you could save by switching to a new deal.
- It covers over 90 lenders with over 11,000 deals.
- Trussle doesn’t search the whole market.
- The online form is more convoluted than its competitors.
- You may have to wait a full working day for a response by phone or email.
- Its mortgage advisors don’t work as late as their competitors.
The bottom line
Trussle can help you find you a great mortgage deal much faster than traditional mortgage brokers, plus it will cost you nothing. However, there are other online mortgage brokers which search through more mortgages and find you a deal quicker.
Frequently asked questions about Trussle
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market