Halifax Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Halifax offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with Halifax?
- Fixed rate With this mortgage type, your interest remain locked for a set amount of time, providing certainty about the size of your mortgage repayments.
- Remortgages You can switch your existing mortgage to Halifax via one of its remortgage products.
- Offset This mortgage type allows you use a Halifax savings account to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Tracker With this type of mortgage, your interest rate will shift up and down in line with the Bank of England base rate.
- Buy to let This type of mortgage is needed if you want to borrow money to purchase an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership This mortgage type allows you to percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. When you can afford it, you can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property.
How to apply
You can get a mortgage in principle online, by calling 0345 850 3705 or visiting a local branch. Once you’ve had an offer accepted on a property, you can complete your mortgage application over the phone or in-branch.
What information do I need to provide?
You’ll need to provide proof of identity, your most recent payslips and details of current financial commitments including your insurance policies.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and no older than 80 when the mortgage term is due to end.
All applications are subject to affordability assessments and credit checks. Halifax will not lend more than five times the annual income of the applicant(s). If you’re self-employed, you’ll need to be able to show one year’s worth of accounts.
For general mortgage queries, call 0345 030 6253 or visit a local branch.
Compare Halifax using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Halifax, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert