HSBC Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
HSBC offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
HSBC provides a variety of mortgage types and will advise on a suitable plan over the phone, online or in-branch.
What types of mortgages can I get with HSBC?
- Fixed rate Your interest remains fixed for a set amount of time, so you can be certain about the size of your monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgages You can switch from your existing mortgage provider to HSBC via one of the lender’s remortgage products
- Tracker Your interest rate shifts up and down alongside the Bank of England base rate.
- Buy to let This mortgage allows you to borrow money to buy an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership This mortgage allows you to buy a percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property as and when you can afford it.
How to apply
You can apply for an HSBC mortgage online, by calling 0800 169 6333 or visiting a local branch.
What information is needed to apply?
You’ll need to supply proof of identification, proof of address, proof of deposit and your last monthly payslip and bank statement.
Zero hours and contract workers will need to provide their P60 and additional payslips, so the lender can get a better idea of the consistency of their income. Self-employed applicants will need to provide their last two years worth of accounts.
You must be at least 18 years old and no older than 80 when your mortgage term is due to end.
The applicant(s) will not be permitted to borrow more than five times their annual income.
According to the HSBC website, customers with adverse credit will only be considered “in exceptional circumstances”
For general queries, call 01226 261010 or use the live chat function at hsbc.co.uk.
Compare HSBC using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including HSBC, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert