Nationwide Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Nationwide offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with Nationwide Building Society?
- Fixed rate Your interest rate remains fixed for set amount of time, providing certainty about the size of your monthly mortgage repayments. Nationwide offers mortgages with fixed-rate periods of two, three, five and ten years.
- Remortgages You can switch away from your existing mortgage provider via Nationwide’s remortgage products.
- Tracker Your interest will shift up and down at the same rate as the Bank of England base rate.
- Buy to let This mortgage allows you to buy an additional property and let it out to tenants.
- Let to buy This mortgage allows you to remortgage your existing property, releasing equity so you can buy a new one.
How to apply
You can apply online, by calling 0800 121 69 49 or by visiting a local branch. For more complex mortgage types, such as shared ownership or Help to Buy mortgages, online applications are not available.
What information is needed to apply?
You’ll need to provide proof of identity, proof of address, proof of UK residency, proof of deposit and proof of earnings.
To back this up, employees will need to provide their last three monthly payslips. If you’re paid weekly or fortnightly, you pay need to provide more. Self-employed applicants will need to provide at least two years worth of accounts. You may also be asked for up to six months worth of recent bank statements.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and no older than 75 when the mortgage term is due to end.
All applicants will be subject to an affordability assessment and credit check. If you’ve suffered more than three months of mortgage arrears in the past three years, you’ll be declined. If you’ve suffered an undischarged bankruptcy, a discharged bankruptcy less than three years ago or a property repossession, you’ll be declined.
You can make general mortgage queries by calling 0800 30 20 10, using the online chat service on nationwide.co.uk or visiting a local branch.
Compare Nationwide using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Nationwide, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert