Mansfield Building Society Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Mansfield Building Society offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
The Mansfield Building Society is a mutual that has been helping customers manage their finances for more than 140 years. It can help you find the right mortgage to suit a range of circumstances regardless of whether you’re a first time-buyer, buying to let, remortgaging or moving to a new home.
Compare Mansfield BS mortgages
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If you borrow £170,000 over a 25-year term at 1.59% p.a. (fixed) for 63 months reverting to 3.59% p.a. (variable) for the remaining term, you would make 63 monthly payments of £687.10 and 237 monthly payments of £823.61. The total payable would be £239,775.87, which includes interest of £68,483, valuation fees of £248 and a product fee of £995. The overall cost for comparison is 2.9% APRC representative.
What types of mortgages can I get with Mansfield Building Society?
- Fixed rate Your interest rate will remain locked for a set amount of time. After your fixed-rate period ends, your interest rate switches to the lender’s standard variable rate.
- Remortgages You can switch your existing mortgage to Mansfield Building Society via one of its remortgage products.
- Offset You can use the funds in your Mansfield Building Society savings account to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Tracker Your interest rate will shit up and down in line with another publicly-avaiable interest rate, typically the Bank of England base rate.
- Discounted rate Your interest rate will remain locked a specific percentage below the lender’s standard variable rate. After your discount period ends, your interest rate switches to the lender’s standard variable rate.
- Buy to let This mortgage allows you to borrow money to buy an additional property and let it out to tenants.
- Shared ownership This mortgage permits you to purchase a share of a property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional shares as and when you can afford it.
- 95% LTV A mortgage with which you’ll ony need to hand over a deposit worth 5% of the property value.
- Interest-only With this mortgage, your monthly repayments only take into account the mortgage interest.
How do I apply?
You can apply for a mortgage by calling 01623 676345, visiting a local branch or arranging a callback via mansfieldbs.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can make a postal application by downloading the application form, filling it out and sending it to Mortgage Department, The Mansfield Building Society, Regent House, Regent Street, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 1SS.
What information do I need to provide?
You’ll be asked for documents to prove your identity, address history, income and outgoings. This could include your recent payslips and bank statements.
You have to be at least 18 years old, and no older than 85 when the mortgage term is due to end. The mortgage must be secured against a property in England, Wales and mainland Scotland.
All applications are subject to affordability assessments and a credit check.
For general mortgage queries, call 01623 676345, visit a local branch or fill out the contact form on mansfieldbs.co.uk.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert