Leek United Building Society Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Leek United Building Society offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with Leek United Building Society?
- Fixed rate Your interest rate will remain locked for a set amount of time. After the fixed-rate period ends, you’ll be switched onto the lender’s standard variable rate.
- Remortgages You can switch away from your existing mortgage provider to Leek Building Society via one of the lender’s remortgage products.
- Discounted rate Your interest rate will remain locked a specific percentage below the lender’s standard variable rate for a set amount of time.
- Tracker Your interest rate will shift up and down alongside another publicly available interest rate, typically the Bank of England base rate.
- Buy to let A buy-to-let mortgage allows you to borrow money to buy an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership This mortgage type will allow you to buy a percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages as and when you can afford it.
How to apply
You can apply for a mortgage by calling 01538 380047 or visiting a local branch.
What information is needed to apply?
You’ll need to provide personal details, address history, proof of deposit and various financial details. This will need to be backed up by payslips and recent bank statements.
You have to be at least 18 years old to apply. There is no maximum age, but retirement income will be considered as part of affordability assessments.
You’ll be declined if:
- You’ve suffered a CCJ or default in the last three years
- You’ve applied for a payday loan in the last three years
- You’ve suffered a bankruptcy or an IVA in the last six years
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
You can make general mortgage queries by calling 0808 169 6680 or writing a letter to 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5DL.
Compare Leek United Building Society using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Leek United Building Society, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert