Ecology Building Society Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Ecology Building Society offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with Ecology Building Society?
- Fixed rate Your mortgage rate will be locked for a set amount of time, providing more certainty as far as the size of your monthly repayments. After your fixed-rate period ends, you’ll be switched onto the lender’s standard variable rate.
- Remortgages You can switch from your existing mortgage provider to Ecology Building Society via one of its remortgage products.
- Tracker With a tracker mortgage, your interest rate will shift up and down alongside another publicly available interest rate, typically the Bank of England base rate.
- Variable rate With these mortgages, the interest rate could fluctuate based on various economic conditions.
- Buy to let Buy-to-let mortgages allow you to buy an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership This type of mortgage allows you to buy a percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property as and when you can afford it.
How to apply
You can get in touch with the lender’s mortgage experts by calling 01535 650 770 or emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can arrange for a mortgage expert to get in touch via the ‘Enquire Now’ link on ecology.co.uk.
What information do I need to provide
You’ll need to provie documents that confirm your personal information, such as proof of identity and proof of address. THe lender will also need paperwork that shows your financial situation including recent bank statements, recent payslips, benefit statements etc.
For most sustainable projects, the lender will need to learn more about the project itself, including confirmation of the costs, proof of planning permissions and the predicted energy rating.
You must be a UK resident who is at least 18 years old, and no older than 85 whenthe mortgage term is due to end.
Employees must havebeen in their job for at least six months. Temporary or contract workers must have been in their current role for 12 months and provide evidence of further work. Self-employed applicatns must be able to show three years worth of accounts.
All applicants are subject to affordability checks. If you have previously suffered a property repossession, your application will be declined.
Compare Ecology Building Society using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Ecology Building Society, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert