Lloyds international transfers
Learn how you can use Lloyds Bank international money transfers service to send money abroad quickly and conveniently.
Fees (Pay by Bank Transfer)
Minimum Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Lloyds Bank|
|Minimum Transfer Amount||£100|
|Pay By||Credit card, Debit card, Bank transfer|
|Receiving Options||Cash pickup location, Bank account, Mobile wallet, Home delivery|
|Customer Service||Phone, Email, In person|
|Available Currencies||AUD, CAD, CHF, CNY, DKK, EUR, HKD, JPY, NOK, NZD, SEK, USD, ZAR|
|Bank Account Required?||No|
|Personal Account Manager?||Yes|
What's in this review?
- Compare Lloyds Bank to other international money transfer options
- Lloyds exchange rates
- How much does it cost to transfer money with Lloyds?
- Minimum transfer amount and available countries
- What types of transfers can you carry out with Lloyds?
- The registration and transfer process
- What are the pros and cons of using Lloyds?
- What other products and services does Lloyds offer?
- Frequently asked questions
Beat the banksWe’ve tested the amounts a bank will give you against an average money transfer company, and the results could net you big savings. A £10,000 transfer to Denmark with a money transfer company would save DKK 1,647 compared to a bank.
Why is this? Some banks charge up to £25 extra, which may be shown to you as a sum of small charges made of percentages and absolute fees. On top of this, there’s a hidden charge – the margin on the exchange rate. Money transfer companies tend to have much lower rates than banks and are generally a better option for sending money abroad. Don’t believe us? See our table below.
|Amount received for £10,000|
|Global Reach||€11,304 EUR (save €737)||$12,813 USD (save $263)||$16,164 AUD (save $332)|
|Lloyds||€10,567 EUR||$12,550 USD||$15,832 AUD|
Compare Lloyds Bank to other international money transfer options
Lloyds exchange rates
Lloyds offers immediate conversion from one currency to another at the current exchange rate for customers.
To view Lloyds’ exchange rate for your transfer destination, login to your internet banking account and enter the details of your transfer. You’ll be able to review the details of your transaction, including the exchange rate that will apply, before you commit to the transfer.Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with Lloyds?
Lloyds charge £9.50 to make international payments from your account, although it is free if you are transferring money into another Lloyds account or transferring euro.Back to top
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
There is currently no minimum limit, but there is a maximum transfer amount of £100,000 per transaction.
As a ‘Big 4’ bank, Lloyds offers transfers to bank accounts all around the world. For a full list of where you can send funds, contact Lloyds Bank.Back to top
What types of transfers can you carry out with Lloyds?
Lloyds offers the following transfer options when you want to send money to an overseas bank account:
- One-off transfers. This allows you to send money overseas quickly and conveniently.
- Repeated payments. You can make use of this transfer option when sending money to the same person, a family member for example, multiple times.
If you ever need help regarding Lloyds international money transfers, a selection of frequently asked questions and answers can be accessed through the bank’s website. Phone support is available 24/7, or you can pop into your nearest Lloyds branch for assistance.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
You’ll need to be a Lloyds Bank account holder in order to send money overseas, so make sure you take a look at all the banking services available from Lloyds to decide if they meet your needs.
To send an online transfer, login to your Lloyds Internet Banking account. You can then navigate to the account from which you want to make the payment and click on ‘Send Money Overseas‘.
Next, enter the details of your payment, including:
- the recipient’s name and address (exact full name or company name)
- the recipient’s IBAN (International Bank Account Number) or account number
- the name and address of recipient’s bank – including the BIC (Business Identifier Code) / SWIFT code / clearing code
- The amount you wish to send
The final step is to review and confirm the details of your transfer.
The number you need to call to send a phone transfer depends on your account type, while you’ll need to take photo ID and your beneficiary’s details with you if you want to send a payment from a Lloyds Bank branch.
What are the pros and cons of using Lloyds?
- Choice of transfer methods. You can place a transfer online through your internet banking account, over the phone or by visiting a Lloyds branch.
- Secure and convenient. Sending an international money transfer with Lloyds gives you the security and peace of mind of dealing with a trusted global financial institution, plus HSBC customers will already have an account set up and will not have to go through a registration process to access the service.
- Some charges apply. Transaction fees apply to all transfers to non-Lloyd accounts, and the exchange rate will usually be significantly worse than a specialist money transfer company.
What other products and services does Lloyds offer?
As a global financial institution, HSBC offers an extensive range of banking products and services to its customers. In terms of international banking it offers the following:
- Investment services You can manage portfolios and make investments, with the help of a personal adviser, to help you achieve your goals and aspirations
- Travel money. Lloyds allows you to order your travel money online and take advantage of free next-day delivery.
- Mortgages and loans. You can get loans from Lloyds to help you when buying a home or need some extra cash.
Frequently asked questions
If you’re impressed with the features offered by Lloyds’ international money transfer service, make sure to compare it with the options available from other money transfer providers. Taking the time to weigh up your options will ensure that you can find the right solution to your transfer problems.