Jaguar S-Type insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Jaguar S-Type based on your age and location.
The Jaguar S-Type is a classy saloon, with a characteristically beautiful appearance and a powerful engine, even for its entry-level trims. It’s generally regarded to be a step below the BMW 5-Series as far as overall performance goes, although it does offer better value for money in the eyes of many. In this guide, you’ll find out how much it costs to insure based on the age and location of the driver.
What insurance group does the Jaguar S-Type fall under?
All cars on the road are assigned a specific insurance group once they’re made available for sale. These groups range from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), and this helps determine the cost of your premium. Jaguar S-Type models range from insurance group 36 to 44, meaning premium costs will be very expensive compared to the average vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £967 for cover on a Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 S 4d that is in insurance group 36 or around £1,041 for a Jaguar S-Type 2.7d V6 S 4d that is in insurance group 41. This is a clear illustration of the premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Jaguar S-Type insurance cost by location
One of the biggest factors that affects the cost of your car insurance premium is your location.
To illustrate the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Jaguar S-Type 4.0 V8 4d Auto.
- Expensive: £1,243 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,062 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £798 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Jaguar S-Type insurance rate?
Along with its insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have an impact on your insurance premium costs. Here are some of the most important.
- Engine type and capacity. The larger a vehicle’s engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance, because larger engines typically cost more to repair or replace. As an example, it may cost £1,168 to insure a Jaguar S-Type 2.5 V6 Plus 4d Auto, while you may pay £1,258 for a Jaguar S-Type 4.2 V8 SE Plus 4d Auto. The V8 engine is larger and more powerful, but you can expect to pay £90 more per year compared to the V6 in this example.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,232 for insurance for a Jaguar S-Type 2.7d V6 XS 4d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,041. So, the Londoner pays £191 more per year in this example.
- Driver age. The youngest motorists pay more for car insurance because they’re statistically the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,143 for the Jaguar S-Type 2.7d V6 Sport 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,122. That’s an extra £1,021 per year that the younger driver will pay in this example.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your occupation
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety rating and security features
- Your car’s extra anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history, including no-claim discount
How can I save on my Jaguar S-Type premium?
Car insurance shouldn’t break the bank, even for a vehicle like this. It’s highly recommended to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. With that in mind, here are some ideas to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. You can reduce your premium by adding various safety measures that make you less likely to get in an accident.
- Shop around for the best deal each year. Don’t just settle for the renewal price offered by your existing insurer. Use price comparison websites to find better deals from competitors each year.
The Jaguar S-Type is a classy vehicle, just like any vehicle carrying the Jaguar brand. The class comes at a cost, and you can expect your insurance costs to be way above average. Thankfully, the tips in this guide will help you to lower your insurance costs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota iQ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota iQ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Roadster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Roadster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Jaguar XE insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jaguar XE falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Honda Accord insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Honda Accord falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Subaru Impreza insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Subaru Impreza falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert