Compare cheap, fast and reliable ways to send money to Saudi Arabia from the UK.
Whether for business or pleasure, there are times when the cheapest money transfer to Saudi Arabia isn’t going to be the best option. Speed is a factor in any international money transfer comparison; however, it’s a premium which can cost you more.
We have a look at the different companies that let you make an international payment to Saudi Arabia on this page. Find out which money transfer company is going to let you send money to Saudi Arabia from the UK for the price and speed you want.
Compare International Money Transfers
There are 3 different types of money transfer company you can use to send money to Saudi Arabia. The below table highlights the different features between the services. You can find out your bank’s exchange rate by logging into your online banking facility and proceeding to the international payments menu.
|International cash payment company – Western Union||Money transfer company – Transferwise|
|Exchange rate||1 GBP = 5.1644367 SAR||1 GBP = 5.403|
|Transfer fee||£85,00 GBP||£0 GBP|
|Amount received for £1000 (in Saudi riyal)||5164.44 SAR||5,403.48 SAR|
|Transfer time||In minutes||Up to 4 business days|
|Transfer options||Cash collection||Bank account deposit|
Correct 2.00PM 03/02/16
How do I compare money transfer companies
- Exchange rate. The rate of exchange between pounds sterling and Saudi riyal. Not all companies will exchange these two currencies. This feature should be your first point of comparison.
- Transfer fee. Most providers charge an additional fee to send money to Saudi Arabia. You can find first transfer free and no international transfer fee offers, but be sure to look at the exchange rate as the transfer fee can be included in an exchange rate margin.
- Transfer time. The transfer time can be as quick as a few minutes or up to a week depending on how you pay and how you want to deliver money to Saudi Arabia. Cash payments made in minutes usually attract a higher fee than paying money to a bank account.
- Payment method. Credit card and debit card payments clear quicker than bank account transfers. Providers like Western Union and MoneyGram have offices in the UK where you can make a cash payment.
- Collection options. Compare the number of cash agents in Saudi Arabia if you want to send cash. Most providers can deposit the funds directly to a Saudi bank account.
- Limits. Compare transfer limits if you’re looking to send less than £100 or more than £5,000.
- Transfer options. If you’re looking to do more than make a one off payment, compare providers based on transfer options such as recurring payments, limit orders and forwards contracts.
- Customer service. Does the money transfer company have a UK based customer service team on hand to assist you with your money transfer to Saudi Arabia.
How do I send money to Saudi Arabia from the UK
Although Saudi Arabia is the UK’s major Middle Eastern trading partner, Saudi riyals are not a commonly traded international currency. The following transfer companies can send money to Saudi Arabia.
- Banks. Send money from your bank account to a bank account in Saudi Arabia. Look for the option that lets you make an international payment in your internet banking facility.
- International cash payment companies. These companies have cash agents in the UK and in Saudi Arabia. Visit an agent to pay or collect cash. Transfers can be completed in minutes. You can also pay for your transfer online using your credit or debit card.
- Western Union. Western Union have cash collection agents in major Saudi cities. You can also send money to a bank account using Western Union.
- MoneyGram. MoneyGram can send cash to Saudi Arabia in minutes. Make a payment online using your credit or debit card.
- Money transfer companies. These companies focus on providing a good rate and low or no transfer fees. Pay for your transfer using your credit or debit card or by bank account deposit and the funds can be sent to a Saudi bank account in a couple of days.
- TorFX. TorFX offer a best rate guarantee on your international money transfer to Saudi Arabia.
- FC Exchange. FC Exchange provide transfer options such as forward contracts and rate targeting.
- MoneyCorp. MoneyCorp offer personal, business and travel money services.
- Worldfirst. Send money to a Saudi bank account in up to 4 business days. Worldfirst include a small margin on top of the market exchange rate. Minimum transfer limits apply.
- PayPal. Both the sender and the receiver need to have a PayPal account. Funds are send to the receiver’s PayPal account. A low fee structure make this a good option for transfers under £200.
How do I receive money from Saudi Arabia in the UK?
The method to receive money varies depending on how the funds are sent.
- Bank account. Provide your personal details, your bank account number and BIC, SWIFT code and IBAN to receive a payment in your bank account from overseas.
- Collecting cash. You’ll need to supply identification as well as the transfer reference code to collect a cash payment from an agent in the UK.
- PayPal. Provide your email or your mobile number to the sender to receive a payment in your PayPal account.
Emergency cash transfers in Saudi Arabia
Have a look at these options if you need to get money in Saudi Arabia quickly.
- Emergency cash assistance. Visa and MasterCard can issue the funds in your account as cash for you to collect at an agent in Saudi Arabia. This is a handy feature if your card is lost or stolen. It can take up to a day to process a request for emergency cash.
- International cash payment. Western Union and MoneyGram can deliver cash to Saudi Arabia in minutes. Both companies have a number of agents in major Saudi cities. Just provide the reference number and your identification to collect a cash payment from the UK.
- Travel insurance. For a covered event, your travel insurance provider may be able to offer an emergency cash provision. Check the product disclosure statement for information about access to emergency cash.
Cash pickup locations in Saudi Arabia / Western Union / MoneyGram branches in Saudi Arabia
Although MoneyGram and Western Union have fewer agents in Saudi Arabia than the UK, there are still a number of places where you can collect a cash payment.
- Enjaz Bank Al Bilad
Siteen Street, Riyadh P O Box 140 Riyadh, 11411
Open Monday 1.00AM to 12.00AM
- 40th Street Nassem 175
Al Saad Bin Abi Waqas Street, Riyadh
Open 7.30AM to 11.59PM
- Ersal Money Transfers
Al Jamea, Jeddah
Open Monday to Sunday 24 hours.
- Alsiteeen 227
Hera Street Al Siteen, Jeddah
Open Monday to Sunday 7.30AM to 11.59PM
- National Commercial Bank 3
Open Monday to Wednesday 9.30AM to 4.30PM
Saturday & Sunday 9.30AM to 4.30PM
- Al Amoudi Exchange Co.
Jabal Omar Building 2nd Floor,
Infront of Al Haram, MAKKAH, 21411
Open Monday to Sunday 9.00AM to 11.00PM
- Fawri – Madina
King Abdullah Road, Madina
Open Monday to Thursday & Saturday and Sunday 8.00AM to 8.00PM
Open Friday 4.00PM to 8.00PM
- NCB Quickpay Registration Centre.
Sultana Street, Madinah Munawrah
Open Monday to Thursday & Saturday and Sunday 8.00AM to 8.30PM
Open Friday 4.00PM to 8.30PM
Tips for picking up cash in Saudi Arabia
Gov.uk advises to take extra precautions when visiting Saudi Arabia and warns against travel close to the Saudi and Yemen border. Saudi Arabia enjoys a low level of crime; however, there have been instances of petty and violent crime against foreigners. Take extra care of your possessions in public places, and ensure cash and any other valuables are safely secured once you’ve collected your money. If you’re concerned about travelling on your own, you can ask your hotel for an escort to assist you collecting cash.Back to top
What are the steps to send money to Saudi Arabia
Log in to your online banking facility to make a payment to Saudi Arabia from your bank account. Payments can take up to 4 business days to clear. You’ll need the following information:
- The recipient’s name and address
- The recipient’s IBAN and account number
- Details about the recipient’s bank account: the BIC, SWIFT code or the clearing code.
To send money using an online money transfer company or international cash payment service, you’ll need to create an account first. Registration is free. Provide the following information to create an account.
- Personal details
- Residential information
- Contact details
- Identification. You may be asked to send a copy of your passport and utility bill.
Once you’ve completed a transfer, you will be issued with a tracking number you can use to monitor the status of your money transfer to Saudi Arabia.