Send money to Russia from the UK
Shop around to find the safest, cheapest, and easiest provider for sending money to Russia.
The price and speed of an international money transfer can vary greatly between different services. Enter the amount you want to send in the tables below to see providers best suited to your needs.
Send money to Russia with Azimo
Want to send up to £10,000 to Russia?
Want to send over £10,000 to Russia?
How to send money to Russia in 3 quick steps
- Choose a money transfer service. Compare rates and transfer fees in our table. Then pick the best provider for your needs.
- Create an account. Click the button in the table to head to the provider’s site. There you’ll be asked to enter your information, which may include providing identification, a phone number, an address and bank details.
- Pick your payment method. Choose to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card. After you make a transfer the money will be deposited into your recipient’s account or sent to a cash pick up location.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Russia?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Russia on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Ask an Expert