How to send money to Chile
Shop around for the cheapest money transfer service for sending money to Chile.
Enter the amount you want to send to Chile in the tables below and pick the provider that best fits your needs. Our tables let you compare transfer speed, fees, rates and more.
Compare services that send money to Chile from the UK
How to send money to Chile in 3 quick steps
- Choose a money transfer provider. Compare rates and transfer fees in our table then pick the best service for your needs. Set up an account on the provider’s site.
- Pick your payment method. Decide if you want to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card.
- Make your transfer. The money will be deposited into your recipient’s account in Chile, or sent to a cash pick-up location.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Chile?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick-up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pick-ups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Chile on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
More guides on Finder
Monzo Premium account review
Digital challenger bank Monzo has launched a new Premium tier for its current account. We take a look at the cost and what’s on offer.
Review: Small World money transfers
Small World offers competitive rates, instant transfers and multiple payment options to send money to more than 190 countries.
Switching business bank accounts
The process is quick and simple. In fact, all of the work is done by the bank you’re switching to.
Best 1 year fixed rate bonds in the UK 2020
How to get the best 1 year fixed rate bond. Here’s what you need to know.
The best cashback credit cards of 2020
Cashback credit cards let you earn money back on every purchase you make, but which one has the best cashback offer, as well as the best rate?
How to find the best financial advisers
If you want to make the most of your money, or just need advice on what financial product to get, a financial adviser can help.
Best international money transfer services
Learn how to compare international money transfer services so you can get the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
The best balance transfer credit cards of 2020
Here’s how you can get the best deal on a balance transfer credit card, from finding the longest 0% periods to getting the lowest fees.
Coconut alternatives: A list of alternative business bank accounts
Discover the alternatives to this financial app for self-employed workers.
smile alternatives: A list of alternative digital banks
Learn more about the alternatives to the UK’s first digital bank.
Ask an Expert