Genesis G80 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Genesis G80 based on your age and location.
Genesis G80 insurance groups and cost by driver's ageWhen it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Genesis G80 models range from insurance groups 40 - 48, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £1,018 for cover on a Genesis G80 2.2D Premium Line 4dr Auto, or around £1,170 for a Genesis G80 2.5T Luxury Plus Line 5dr Auto AWD. You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Genesis G80 in the table below.
Genesis G80 insurance cost by locationThe table above shows the average cost of Jaguar XF insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location. To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Genesis G80 2.2D Premium Line 4dr Auto.
- Expensive: £1,216 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,018 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £763 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Genesis G80 insurance rate?Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £1,018 for the Genesis G80 2.2D Premium Line 4dr Auto, but could pay around £1,170 for the Genesis G80 2.5T Luxury Plus Line 5dr Auto AWD.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you'll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,216 for insurance for a Genesis G80 2.2D Premium Line 4dr Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,018.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you're likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,239 for the Genesis G80 2.5T Luxury Plus Line 5dr Auto AWD, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,216.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car's safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car's security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Genesis G80 premiums?Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don't want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you'll want to find the best deal for a price that's within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we've listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you're quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don't just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it's time for renewal make sure you shop around and don't just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Bottom lineDepending on your model, car insurance premiums can vary based on the insurance group your Genesis G80 falls under. By using the tips in this guide, you should be able to make your car insurance more affordable.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to renew your car insurance
We explain how car insurance renewal works, and how to keep your annual renewal premiums as low as possible.
Compulsory vs voluntary excess
We explain the different types of car insurance excess, and how adjusting your voluntary excess can affect your premium.
Cat S insurance
Learn how to find insurance for your Cat S write-off, average cost and whether you can keep your category S car.
Finder Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020
Looking for insurance or thinking of changing providers? Here’s what customers had to say about some of the UK’s top insurers.
How to save by adding kids to parent’s car insurance
Learn more about how parents’ can save their children money on car insurance by putting them as a named driver.
International car insurance
Our guide to international car insurance. Find out how to get covered and what documents you’ll need for your trip.
UK car insurance statistics: Average cost and number of claims
We unpack all the latest UK car insurance statistics, including the average cost and the number of claims made per year.
Car insurance exclusions
Find out what car insurance won’t cover so you can avoid any nasty surprises at claim time.
High-risk car insurance
Find out how to get car insurance as a high-risk driver and what options are available. Steps to reduce your premium as a high-risk driver.
Get agreed value car insurance quotes online
Find out how agreed value car insurance works and if it’s the right option for you.