Dodge Nitro insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Dodge Nitro based on your age and location.
Dodge Nitro insurance groups and cost by driver's ageWhen it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Dodge Nitro models range from insurance groups 28 - 29, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £902 for cover on a Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD SE 5d, or around £906 for a Dodge Nitro 3.7 SXT 5d Auto. You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Dodge Nitro in the table below.
Dodge Nitro insurance cost by locationThe table above shows the average cost of Jaguar XF insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location. To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD SE 5d.
- Expensive: £1,033 (London SE1)
- Average: £902 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £700 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Dodge Nitro insurance rate?Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £902 for the Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD SE 5d, but could pay around £906 for the Dodge Nitro 3.7 SXT 5d Auto.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you'll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,033 for insurance for a Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD SE 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £902.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you're likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,811 for the Dodge Nitro 3.7 SXT 5d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £948.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car's safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car's security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Dodge Nitro premiums?Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don't want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you'll want to find the best deal for a price that's within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we've listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you're quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don't just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it's time for renewal make sure you shop around and don't just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Bottom lineDepending on your model, car insurance premiums can vary based on the insurance group your Dodge Nitro falls under. By using the tips in this guide, you should be able to make your car insurance more affordable.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Low emission car insurance
We explain how low emission cars could affect insurance and other costs, plus how to keep your insurance premium low.
Cat N insurance
Read our guide to find out how to find insurance for your cat N write-off, average cost and whether or not you can keep your category N car.
Self-employed car insurance
What you need to consider when taking out car insurance if you’re self-employed, and whether you can claim car insurance as a business expense.
Cat S insurance
Learn how to find insurance for your Cat S write-off, average cost and whether you can keep your category S car.
Genesis G80 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis G80 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis G70 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis G70 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis GV70 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis GV70 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis GV80 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis GV80 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Dodge Avenger insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Dodge Avenger and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert