Skoda Roomster insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Skoda Roomster based on your age and location.
The word “Roomster” is a portmanteau that gets its origins from “room” and “roadster”. It’s a 5-door family car that looks remarkably like a minivan. It first went into production in 2006 and continued until 2015. The Roomster is considered a leisure activity vehicle and comes with rear seats that move both lengthwise and crosswise. So, how does it shape up for insurance?
What insurance group does the Skoda Roomster fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine the cost of your premium. Skoda Roomster models range from insurance group 4 to 14, meaning they’re among the least expensive cars to insure. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £631 for cover on a Skoda Roomster 1.2 12V 1 5d that is in insurance group 4 or around £768 for a Skoda Roomster 1.9 TDI PD 2 5d that is in insurance group 14. This clearly shows the impact on premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Skoda Roomster insurance cost by location
Among the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest is your location.
To show the impact of your home address, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Skoda Roomster 1.2 12V 1 5d.
- Expensive: £750 (London SE1)
- Average: £631 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £439 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Skoda Roomster insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are many other key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £750 for insurance for a Skoda Roomster 1.2 12V 1 5d, while you may pay £913 for a Skoda Roomster 1.9 TDI PD 2 5d. So, that’s an extra £163 per year you’ll pay for the Long Range engine.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £913 for insurance for a Skoda Roomster 1.9 TDI PD 2 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £768. That’s an extra £145 per year that the average 30-year-old would pay in London compared to Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,304 for the Skoda Roomster 1.2 12V 1 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £683. That’s £621 more per year that the younger driver would pay in this scenario.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claims discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Skoda Roomster premium?
Car insurance can be expensive, but you don’t need to let it break the bank. Here are some ideas to help you lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). If you can occasionally walk or use public transport, rather than using your car, this can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. This makes your car safer and reduces the risk of you making a claim on your premium. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you. You’ll usually find a better deal by switching to a competitor each year.
Facts about the Skoda Roomster
– There is a panel van version of the Roomster called the Skoda Praktik.
– It comes with a choice of 3 petrol engines or 2 different types of diesel engines.
– The rear seats are higher than the front, giving a better view and a more spacious feel.
The Skoda Roomster might not be the prettiest car, but it’s a good option if you need a spacious family vehicle with plenty of storage options, thanks to its easily-moveable back seats. It’s at the upper end of the car insurance price scale, so bear that in mind if you’re looking at a few different options.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance admin charges
We explain what car insurance admin charges exist, when you might need to pay them and how to keep them to a minimum.
Admiral car insurance review
Compare and review all the policies on offer from Admiral car insurance and see if it provides cover that suits you.
How we score car insurance
How we rate car insurance and find our top picks. Our detailed methodology for policy analysis and customer satisfaction.
Methodology for insurance and breakdown cover ratings
You’ll find customer satisfaction star ratings on some of our insurance companies reviews. Here’s how we came up with them.
Car insurance claims
How to make a successful car insurance claim and get repairs covered fast.
Choice of repairer in car insurance
We explain whether you should go to a repairer approved by your car insurance provider, or your own repair shop.
How to save by adding kids to parent’s car insurance
Learn more about how parents’ can save their children money on car insurance by putting them as a named driver.
Direct Line car insurance review
Compare Direct Line’s car insurance options with our analysis and review. Find out what’s covered and how to make a claim.
Car insurance exclusions
Find out what car insurance won’t cover so you can avoid any nasty surprises at claim time.
Get agreed value car insurance quotes online
Find out how agreed value car insurance works and if it’s the right option for you.