Abarth 500 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Fiat 500 Abarth falls under and how much you might expect to pay for your insurance.
The Fiat 500 Abarth affordable car with a unique design, low running costs and its surprisingly powerful for its size. You will learn everything you need to know about insuring the Abarth 500 in this guide.
What insurance group does the Abarth 500 fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific car insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine how much you will pay to insure it. Abarth 500 models range from insurance group 26 to 28, meaning the car insurance will be slightly more than the average vehicle.
The costs will vary between different Abarth 500 insurance groups, due to various factors related to the vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £882 for cover on a Abarth 500 1.4 16V T-Jet 3d that is in insurance group 26 or around £902 for a Abarth 500 1.4 T-Jet 2d Auto that is in insurance group 28. This comparison illustrates the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a slightly higher insurance group.
|Model / Version||Group (1-50)||20yrs||30yrs||40yrs||50yrs||Get quote|
|1.4 16V T-Jet 3d||26||£1,521||£882||£773||£624||Get Quote|
|1.4 16V T-Jet 3d Auto||27||£1,541||£894||£783||£632||Get Quote|
|1.4 T-Jet 2d||27||£1,541||£894||£783||£632||Get Quote|
|1.4 T-Jet 2d Auto||28||£1,556||£902||£791||£638||Get Quote|
Abarth 500 insurance cost by location
Your address plays a key role when it comes to how much you’ll be charged for car insurance. To illustrate the power of the postcode, we run the numbers for average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Abarth 500 1.4 T-Jet 2d.
- Expensive: £1,022 (London SE1)
- Average: £894 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £693 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Fiat 500 Abarth insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, here are the key factors that will have a significant impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. However, in this scenario, all models of the Abarth 500 have 1.4-litre engines.
- Driver location. Insurers will use previous claims data to determine the risk of someone from your neighbourhood making a claim. This data will be used to alter your insurance costs according to your level of risk. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,022 for insurance for a Abarth 500 1.4 T-Jet, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £894.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers statistically represent a huge risk to insurers. They are far more liikely to make a claim and that’s why they are likely to pay more for insurance. For example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,778 for the Abarth 500 1.4 16V T-Jet 3d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £932. This huge difference in premium prices is common, regardless of the car being insured.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Abarth 500 premiums?
While car insurance is a compulsory purchase and necessary legal requirement, that doesn’t mean you should accept paying through the nose. Instead, you should make a habit of finding a deal for a price within your budget. There are plenty of tricks you can try to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed some of them below.
- Lower your annual mileage. You’ll be asked for your annual mileage whenever you apply for car insurance. The lower this figure is, the less you’re likely to pay for car insurance. Be careful not to underestimate your mileage though, as this could invalidate your insurance.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually for car insurance, you eliminate the possibility of paying interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. Anything deemed to reduce the risk of you making a claim help make insurers more comfortable offering you a lower premium.
- Shop around for the best deal. Although it might be time consuming, you should use a price comparison website to shop around for the best deal each year. You’ll usually find a better deal by switching to a new company, as opposed to blindly accepting your insurer’s renewal quote.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert