Abarth 500 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Fiat 500 Abarth falls under and how much you might expect to pay for your insurance.
The Fiat 500 Abarth is an affordable car with a unique design, low running costs and a surprising amount of power for its size. You will learn everything you need to know about insuring the Abarth 500 in this guide.
What insurance group does the Abarth 500 fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific car insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine how much you will pay to insure your vehicle. Abarth 500 models range from insurance group 26 to 28, meaning the car insurance will be slightly more than the average vehicle.
The costs will vary between different Abarth 500 insurance groups, due to various factors related to the vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £882 for cover on an Abarth 500 1.4 16V T-Jet 3d that is in insurance group 26 or around £902 for an Abarth 500 1.4 T-Jet 2d Auto that is in insurance group 28. This comparison illustrates the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a slightly higher insurance group.
|Model / Version||Group (1-50)||20yrs||30yrs||40yrs||50yrs||Get quote|
|1.4 16V T-Jet 3d||26||£1,521||£882||£773||£624||Get Quote|
|1.4 16V T-Jet 3d Auto||27||£1,541||£894||£783||£632||Get Quote|
|1.4 T-Jet 2d||27||£1,541||£894||£783||£632||Get Quote|
|1.4 T-Jet 2d Auto||28||£1,556||£902||£791||£638||Get Quote|
Abarth 500 insurance cost by location
Your address plays a key role when it comes to how much you’ll be charged for car insurance. To illustrate the power of the postcode, we ran the numbers for average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for an Abarth 500 1.4 T-Jet 2d.
- Expensive: £1,022 (London SE1)
- Average: £894 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £693 (Galashiels TD1)
What factors affect my Fiat 500 Abarth insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, here are the key factors that will have a significant impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. However, all models of the Abarth 500 have 1.4-litre engines.
- Driver location. Insurers will use previous claims data to determine the risk of someone from your neighbourhood making a claim. This data will be used to alter your insurance costs according to your level of risk. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,022 for insurance for an Abarth 500 1.4 T-Jet, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £894.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers statistically represent a huge risk to insurers. They are far more likely to make a claim and that’s why they are likely to pay more for insurance. For example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,778 for the Abarth 500 1.4 16V T-Jet 3d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £932. This huge difference in premium prices is common, regardless of the car being insured.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Abarth 500 premiums?
While car insurance is a compulsory purchase and necessary legal requirement, that doesn’t mean you should accept paying through the nose. Instead, you should make a habit of finding a deal for a price within your budget. There are plenty of tricks you can try to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed some of them below.
- Lower your annual mileage. You’ll be asked for your annual mileage whenever you apply for car insurance. The lower this figure is, the less you’re likely to pay for car insurance. Be careful not to underestimate your mileage though, as this could invalidate your insurance.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually for car insurance, you eliminate the possibility of paying interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. Anything deemed to reduce the risk of you making a claim helps make insurers more comfortable offering you a lower premium.
- Shop around for the best deal. Although it might be time consuming, you should use a price comparison website to shop around for the best deal each year. You’ll usually find a better deal by switching to a new company as opposed to blindly accepting your insurer’s renewal quote.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to renew your car insurance
We explain how car insurance renewal works, and how to keep your annual renewal premiums as low as possible.
Compulsory vs voluntary excess
We explain the different types of car insurance excess, and how adjusting your voluntary excess can affect your premium.
Cat S insurance
Learn how to find insurance for your Cat S write-off, average cost and whether you can keep your category S car.
Finder Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020
Looking for insurance or thinking of changing providers? Here’s what customers had to say about some of the UK’s top insurers.
How to save by adding kids to parent’s car insurance
Learn more about how parents’ can save their children money on car insurance by putting them as a named driver.
International car insurance
Our guide to international car insurance. Find out how to get covered and what documents you’ll need for your trip.
UK car insurance statistics: Average cost and number of claims
We unpack all the latest UK car insurance statistics, including the average cost and the number of claims made per year.
Car insurance exclusions
Find out what car insurance won’t cover so you can avoid any nasty surprises at claim time.
High-risk car insurance
Find out how to get car insurance as a high-risk driver and what options are available. Steps to reduce your premium as a high-risk driver.
Get agreed value car insurance quotes online
Find out how agreed value car insurance works and if it’s the right option for you.