Select any eligible platform to trade via Tradier or build your own trading platform.
Tradier is unique because it offers a trading engine, a brokerage and account management system and market data. Combine this with access to the Application Programming Interface (API), and you can create your own trading platform or algorithmic trading system. You can also brand your application process and account information if you manage other people’s money.
- Consider Tradier if you’re an active trader, an API developer or someone who manages other people’s money and wants to create their own branded experience.
- Look elsewhere if you are a beginner or a long-term investor who wants to trade mutual funds, bonds or cryptocurrencies.
Stock trade fee
Minimum deposit to open
$10 per month
What investments does Tradier offer?
Tradier offers stocks and options trading either directly through Tradier’s own platform — TradeHawk — or through one of its many partner platforms. You can also trade mutual funds and bonds, but you’ll have to call to set up a trade — which will set you back $10 per order.
Who is Tradier best for?
Tradier is best for a few types of traders and developers. Consider Tradier if you are:
- An active trader. Select from various trading platforms depending on your needs. You can choose options trading platforms, some of the best charting platforms or a research platform designed by Tradier’s partners.
- An API developer. You can develop your own trading platform and tools to automate your trades or improve your trading experience.
- An options trader. Options traders get some of the lowest fees per contract. But the biggest perk is the use of options-specific platforms, such as Quantcha, OptionVue, Livermore and more.
- A money manager. If you manage other people’s money, you can brand your platform and application process as well as your client’s account information.
Fees and costs
Like many other brokers and trading platforms, Tradier charges fees. There are two pricing models:
- Standard model with a $0 for stocks per order and $0.35 per contract for options.
- Subscription model with commission-free equities and options trading for a $30 monthly fee.
Here are some other fees you’ll encounter.
|Margin interest||5.25% (subject to change)|
|Automated Customer Account Transfer (ACAT)||$75|
|Depository Transfer Check (DTC)||$25 per position|
|Inactivity fees||Accounts with less than $2,000 and less than two trades per year cost $50 annually.|
International accounts with less than two executed trades per month cost $20 monthly.
|Broker assisted orders||$10 per order|
|IRA annual fee||$30|
|Trading platform fee||Depends on which platform you use to analyze and execute your trades.|
How do I sign up?
Here’s how to sign up with Tradier.
- Visit the Tradier Brokerage website.
- Select Open Account at the top.
- Fill out the form with your full name and email address.
- Choose the account type — individual, joint or an IRA account.
- Select whether you want options trading and at what level (higher levels require a margin account).
- Fill out the form with your personal information, including your SSN, date of birth and marital status.
- Fill out your financial details and trading experience.
- Review and submit the application.
To open a Tradier account, you need to be at least 18 years old. Both US citizens and international customers can open an account.
To successfully open your Tradier account, you must provide:
- Your name and contact information
- Date of birth
- A copy of your driver’s license or another government-issued ID
- Social security number
- Employment status
- Source of income
The research tools you get depend on the platform you choose. For example, you can get:
- Technical analysis charts. Most platforms offer excellent charts to run your technical analysis, one of the most popular being Stockcharts.com.
- Automated trading. Some platforms let you automate your trading depending on the parameters you choose. You can also run backtests to see how your strategy would have performed in the past.
- Screeners. Use equity and options screens to find the best trading setup based on your parameters.
- Trade analyzers. A trade analyzer that provides a risk-neutral trade review, execution plan, a multitude of diagrams, greek calculations and more, so you can analyze a prospective trade from every angle.
Pros and cons
Tradier could be an excellent choice for the right trader, but there are some drawbacks to keep in mind.
- Multiplatform. With the largest variety of trading platforms you can find, no other broker comes close to what Tradier offers.
- API access. Design your own trading platform, automate your trading or brand the application process and account information if you manage other people’s money.
- Low-commission trading. There’s a $0 fee per order on equities or $0.35 per options contract.
- Trading platform fees. Depending on which trading platform you choose, you’ll likely pay a fee for it. For example, the Option Samurai platform costs $24.99 per month for Tradier Brokerage clients who place less than 8 trades per month, but it has a $0 monthly fee for those who execute more than 100 options contracts each month. For everyone else, the platform costs $49.99 per month.
- Complex option trading requires a large account. You need to have at least $10,000 if you want to sell naked puts. To sell naked calls, you need a minimum of $50,000. Selling naked index options requires that you have at least $100,000 in your account.
- No crypto trading. If you’re looking to buy or sell Bitcoin or Ether, Tradier is not the right option for you.
- IRA annual fee. IRA accounts cost $30 annually. So if you plan to hold your account for 30 years, that’s $900 in fees. Some brokers — such as Interactive Brokers — don’t have IRA maintenance fees, meaning you could invest this money in stocks or ETFs and reap the benefits when the time comes.
Is Tradier legit?
Yes. Tradier is a registered broker by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) under the Central Registration Depository (CRD) number 104982. It was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
Tradier reviews and complaints
Being a unique brokerage service that partners with so many trading platforms, most traders that use the partner services likely don’t know their trades are executed through Tradier. Because of that, Tradier has no customer reviews or complaints on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot.
As of May 2021, Tradier has not been accredited by the BBB.
How do I contact Tradier support?
There are two ways to contact Tradier customer support:
- Phone: Call 980-272-3880
- Email: email@example.com
Compare with other stock trading platforms
*Signup bonus information updated weekly.
Tradier offers a trading platform and access to API to help you design your own trading experience. Many partner trading services use Tradier’s platform for executing trades, meaning you can use another service, such as Stockcharts.com, and trade directly through the charts via Tradier.
But if you’re a beginner or want to trade cryptocurrencies, other brokers may be a better fit.