Disclaimer: This information is not financial advice or an endorsement of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and high risk. Do your own research and seek financial advice before buying. Please check with providers if their services are available in your state.
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies:
- Supported cryptocurrencies:
Approximately 24 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
Platform trading fees
Different fees apply to different CoinJar services, with all fee amounts in AUD. The main services include CoinJar buy/sell (broker), CoinJar Exchange (the trading platform) and CoinJar Swipe (the crypto debit card).
The fees below are accurate as of March 22, 2021.
CoinJar buy and sell
The buy and sell prices are determined by the current prices on the CoinJar exchange. You will use the standing buy prices when buying crypto, and sell prices when selling.
You will be given a reference price as an indication, but your actual price may vary slightly. Whether buying or selling, the fees depend on the payment method.
|Coinjar cash account||1%|
These are the fees for trading on CoinJar Exchange, rather than simply buying and selling. CoinJar Exchange has a tiered fee structure for AUD-to-crypto trades, and a set fee regardless of volume for crypto-to-crypto trades.
|Any crypto to crypto trade||0.0%||0.5%|
|AUD to crypto trade tiers (AUD trade volume per 30 days)|
|$0 to $10,000||0.20%||0.15%|
|$10,000 to $100,000||0.15%||0.12%|
|$100,000 to $1 million||0.12%||.10%|
|$1 million to $10 million||0.10%||0.08%|
These are the fees that apply for specific actions related to the CoinJar swipe crypto debit card.
|Initial card purchase or replacement||$29|
|Loading with fiat||1%|
|Loading with crypto||$0|
|EFTPOS purchase or withdrawal||$0|
|ATM use||Varies depending on the ATM|
CoinJar Swipe limits
|Maximum daily top-up||$999|
|Maximum daily spend||$999|
|Maximum transactions per day||25 total, 10 ATM withdrawals|
|BPAY deposit||None (BPAY transfers from credit accounts may incur fees though)|
How fast will my funds be available?
5 minutes-2 days
Most bank transfers can complete within 5 minutes, but it may take longer where transfers are made late in the day or if it’s your first transfer.
Most withdrawals will complete the next business day, but it may take longer on the bank’s end.
Is CoinJar safe to use?
- Regulation. CoinJar is registered as a cryptocurrency exchange with AUSTRAC, and is a registered business in the UK.
- Verification process. CoinJar verifies users in line with its anti-money laundering obligations.
- Security features. CoinJar offers two factor authentication, uses a machine learning system to monitor for suspicious transactions and keeps at least 90% of customer funds in geographically diverse cold storage at any given time.
Compare alternatives to CoinJar
Not yet rated
|Go to site
BTC, BCH, BSV, ADA, DOGE, EOS, ETC, FIL, XLM, ZEC & 50+ more
Bank transfer (ACH), Credit card, Debit card, PayPal, Bank transfer (SEPA)
Instant Card Withdrawal: Up to 1.5% of the transaction plus a minimum of $0.55
Outgoing Wire Transfer: $25
Fees vary by location and payment method.
Not yet rated
|Go to site
BTC, ETH, BCH, XRP, DASH, LTC, ETC, ADA, MIOTA, XLM & 15+ more
Bank transfer, Credit card, Debit card, Neteller, PayPal, Online banking, Skrill
Fees vary. Overnight and weekend fees apply
US$5 (minimum withdrawal of US$50)
Not yet rated
|Go to site
BTC, ETH, USDT, XRP, ATOM, XTZ, XLM, LINK, CRO, BCH & 130+ more
Credit card, Cryptocurrency, PayPal, TransferWise, SEPA
Cryptocurrency: Fees vary
How do I create an account at CoinJar?
To get started with CoinJar:
Back to top
- Sign up. Go to the sign up section to create an account. Enter your name and email and choose a password. Once you sign up, you’ll need to confirm your email.
- Get verified. Verify your identity by uploading some identification documents to CoinJar and providing information about yourself. Verification is only needed for exchanging fiat currency.
- Deposit funds. Deposit either cryptocurrency or dollars to your CoinJar account.
- Choose your services and get started. You can now take advantage of quick buys and sells, the exchange or order a CoinJar Swipe card.
Coinjar pros and cons
Before using Coinjar, first consider its potential benefits and drawbacks.
- Multi-feature. Between the wallet, exchange and Swipe, CoinJar lets you do much more with your crypto than a normal exchange.
- Simple start for beginners. Crypto newcomers can get started easily.
- Competitive exchange fees. CoinJar Exchange has highly competitive fees compared to most other exchanges.
- Limited selection. A limited range of coins is available.
- Fees apply. You need to be aware of the fees for different products.
- Spreads. CoinJar pricing is based on the current spreads on its exchange, and may vary.
Ready to sign up?Back to top
Compare CoinJar against other exchanges
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly
volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of
future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information.
You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory
requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may
have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.