Get a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for a stellar 18 months.
- Get this card if… you want a long 0% APR period for purchases and balance transfers.
- Pick something else if… you want cash back or travel rewards.
- Recommended good to excellent credit range of 680 to 850.
|Product Name||Citi Simplicity® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 18 months (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Purchase Rate (15.24% to 25.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||15.24% to 25.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||15.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||15.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The Citi Simplicity Card is … well, simple. It doesn’t have the bells and whistles of rewards cards. Rather, it just offers a solid intro APR of 0% for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers. This could be the card for you if you’re looking to make purchases now and pay them off over a long time or want to get rid of debt you’ve accumulated from other credit cards. Another perk of the Citi Simplicity Card is that you’ll never be charged a fee if you pay late. You also won’t receive a penalty APR for being delinquent. If you find yourself missing payments occasionally, that’s quite a good deal. What’s more: There’s no annual fee.
- INTRO APR: For purchases and balance transfers. Get a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months (after intro period, reverts to an APR between 15.24% to 25.24% variable).
- No late fees and no penalty rate. With most other credit cards, paying late means you’ll pay a late fee of up to $40. Not so with the Citi Simplicity — all late fees are waived, and you’ll never get hit with a penalty APR.
- No annual fee. Pay $0 p.a. to use this card.
You’ll also like…
- Purchase protection. Get extended warranties and Citi Price Rewind on your purchases.
- Travel perks. Get complimentary car rental insurance and access to Citi’s travel and emergency assistance.
What to watch out for
- Avoid returned payments. Making a returned payment could result in a fee as high as $0.
- Balance transfer fees. You get an intro APR on balance transfers, but you’ll need to pay balance transfer fees.
- Foreign transaction fees. When you use your Citi Simplicity Card overseas, you’ll incur a transaction fee.
Consider other cards if…
- You want cash back. If you’re looking for a cash back card, check out the Citi Double Cash, which offers a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months. Or choose the Blue Cash Preferred from American Express, which offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months.
- You want travel rewards. Look for excellent travel cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus and Premier Rewards Gold from American Express.
Compare other Citi credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card. To apply for the Citi Simplicity Card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Your total annual income and monthly rent payment.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Citi Simplicity Card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the Citi Simplicity Card
1. Go to the Citi website and click Apply Now. 2. Complete the application form with your personal and financial information.
How long will it take to be approved?
Approval time depends on your credit profile and history. Typically, you can expect approval to take up to 10 days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. Go to the Citi website and set up an account to pay your bill online. You can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoiding interest payments. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $35.00. Balance transfers, cash advances and foreign transactions also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, visit Citi’s Help Center online or call the Citi helpline.
If you’re looking for a long 0% APR period for purchases and balance transfers, look no further than the Citi Simplicity Card. Compare Citibank® credit cards