Bitit bitcoin marketplace review
How to buy bitcoin on Bitit from the US.
Paris-based Bitit aims to make buying bitcoin as fast and easy as possible no matter where in the world you are.
Its most notable feature is the ability to make quick purchases with cash or card, from almost anywhere in the world.
|Product Name||Bitit Cryptocurrency Marketplace|
|Fiat Currencies||EUR, USD, JPY, DKK, GBP, SEK, NOK, TRY & 5+ more|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, XRP, ETH, USDT, LTC, EOS, BNB, LINK, XTZ, ADA & 35+ more|
Credit/debit card: 3.9%
Cash vouchers: 8.75%
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: EUR, USD, JPY, DKK, GBP, SEK, NOK, TRY & 5+ more
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 50 cryptocurrencies
Which payments methods are accepted?
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
What is Bitit and how does it work?
Bitit is a bitcoin selling and delivery service. Being based in Paris, all its prices are in euros, but the same with other currencies.
Here are the simple steps you need to take:
- Create an account. You can quickly create an account and buy up to €25 of bitcoin without verification. You will need to verify your identity for more purchases after that.
- Place an order. Choose a purchase amount from €25 to €250.
- Make your payment. In the US, you can pay by prepaid cash voucher through Neosurf or Cashlib, by a 3D-Secure credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or American Express), by a Trustpay bank transfer or by Epay e-wallet.
- Wait for bitcoin delivery. You’ll have bitcoin delivered to your wallet in around 10 minutes.
The transaction fee varies by payment method.
|Online with Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or American Express||3.9%|
|Cashlib or Neosurf||8.75%|
These are just the fees charged by Bitit. Depending on your payment method, there may be additional fees for:
- The cost of buying a prepaid cash voucher, charged by the store where you purchase it.
- Foreign exchange fees when paying with a credit card.
- Additional credit card or transaction fees charged by your bank for an overseas credit card payment.
Do I need to verify my identity on Bitit?
You don’t need to verify your identity to create an account and may be able to buy a limited amount of bitcoin without verifying your identity.
Pros and cons of Bitit
- Very quick and simple
- Lets you pay online with credit card or with cash via prepaid cash vouchers
- Relatively high commission fee
- Strict per-transaction order limits
What are the order limits?
You’re limited to €500 every seven days without verifying your identity, and the per-order limits are €25 to €250. There’s no limit on the number of orders you can place, though.
How long does it take to buy bitcoin on Bitit?
You can start a transaction and receive your bitcoin in minutes, depending on how busy the network is at the time and how long it takes you to get a prepaid cash voucher or your credit card numbers.
Security: Is Bitit safe and legitimate?
Bitit has a number of physical store locations in France and a few scattered across the US. It also maintains an active social media presence and has a prolific online presence. This all suggests that it’s a legitimate service.
It encrypts its data and maintains the levels of security you’d expect from any service that handles customer credit card numbers online.
Contact and customer service
You can contact Bitit online through the site or on social media.
Where is Bitit available?
Bitit operates in more than 50 countries around the world, although it’s based on Europe, where it has more payment options and a larger presence.