Properties are prevetted for maximum return, but availability is limited.
Arrived is a real estate investment platform that lets you invest in residential rental properties without the large upfront financial commitment and ongoing property management required when investing in rental properties. But if you want to deal with an established platform with a more extensive portfolio, you might want to look elsewhere.
- Consider if you’re a beginner real estate investor who wants a simple way to invest in rental properties.
- Look elsewhere if you’re an experienced real estate investor who wants to invest more than $50,000 or simply wants access to more properties than what Arrived has to offer.
5.21% to 6.42%
What I think about Arrived
Arrived is a promising real estate investing platform that stands out from the competition by focusing on residential rental properties at an affordable $100 entry point. While its fees might seem high compared to similar platforms, they’re factored into the price of the investment, so you won’t pay anything more than the amount you’re investing in the property.
I believe the company has potential, but its property availability is limited. As of August 2021, there are no available properties to invest in and only three future markets to choose from. You have to join a waiting list and reserve shares for when that particular future market opens.
It’s also worth noting that all properties – fully funded, fully reserved and future markets – are in Arkansas, North Carolina and South Carolina. So I’m eager to see more properties come onto the market and for Arrived to expand its properties elsewhere throughout the US.
Arrived is best for beginner and long-term real estate investors
Arrived offers investments in rental homes, allowing you to buy shares in a property and earn rental income and appreciation. Although Arrived is open to all types of investors, its platform is ideal for:
- Beginner real estate investors. Beginners will likely get the most out of the platform until it expands its property selection. Properties are limited and the maximum you can invest is $50,000. Experienced real estate investors might find that the platform doesn’t yet offer enough options.
- Long-term investors. While each property is different, the anticipated holding period for an Arrived investment property is five to seven years. Investors looking for a quicker turnaround might want to keep looking.
Fees are high compared to the competition
Arrived doesn’t advertise its fees upfront. If you take a look at the company’s FAQs section, you’ll find an article discussing the different ways it makes money. The company lists a sourcing fee and an annual asset management fee among the three different ways it makes money.
But it doesn’t provide any specifics, so we reached out to get some details.
The sourcing fee varies from property to property, an Arrived representative told Finder. The annual asset management fee is always 1% of assets under management. In comparison, the real estate investing platform Fundrise charges an annual fee of 0.15%, while the similar platform DiversifyFund doesn’t charge an annual fee at all. That being said, these other platforms don’t provide the same types of real estate investments as Arrived does.
And while Arrived’s fees might be a little higher, they’re already factored into the price of the investment. So if you make a $100 investment, you only pay $100. There are no other costs.
How do I sign up?
Arrived doesn’t have an app as of October 2021, so you’ll need to sign up for an account directly on its website:
- Go to the official Arrived website, and select Sign Up from the navigation menu.
- Enter your email address and password. Then, select Sign Up.
- Provide your first and last name, and agree to the terms and conditions. Then, hit Come on in.
At this point, you’re signed up with an account. But you’ll need to create an investment account to start investing in homes:
- Select your name from the navigation menu and then My Account from the dropdown menu.
- Select Investment Account. Then, press or select Enter.
- Choose your citizenship and account type, and then enter your home address.
- Enter your phone number, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Select any statements about your net worth and income that apply to you, and agree to Arrive’s recommended investment allocation.
- Confirm your details and select Confirm Details.
- Link your bank account to fund your investment.
To be eligible to invest in Arrived properties, you’ll need:
- To be a US citizen or resident
- To be 18 or older
- A valid US residential address
- A $100 minimum deposit
You’ll be asked to provide the following information during signup:
- First and last name
- Address, phone number and email
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
Arrived’s research tools are basic but insightful
Arrived homes are already vetted based on their income potential, so the only necessary research is to browse its list of available properties. Under each property you’ll find the number of people investing together in that specific property, information about the local market and Zillow home price trends.
Arrived also gives you access to real estate investing guides, property financial reports and other real estate-related articles in its Learning Center.
Here’s what makes Arrived stand out among competitors.
- Low initial investment amount. Start investing in rental homes with only $100. This $100 will buy you 10 shares in any property.
- Flexible investment amounts. Invest anywhere from $100 to a maximum of $50,000.
- Simple investing process. Browse available properties, determine the amount you want to invest and reserve shares in your chosen property. Then, connect your bank account to fund your purchase and sign the proper documentation.
But also consider where Arrived falls short.
- Limited investment availability. At the time of this writing, Arrived doesn’t have any available properties to invest in. Most properties are fully funded or reserved. There are only a few markets in which you can reserve shares to purchase, and you’ll need to add your name to a waitlist.
- Limited market availability. Investment properties currently seem to be limited to Arkansas, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Few reviews. Arrived is a relatively new company and it doesn’t have an app, so it’s unsurprising that reviews are limited. But the reviews that do exist are generally positive. A Google search of the company shows 10 5-star reviews. The company also has three 5-star reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website as of August 2021.
Is Arrived legit?
Arrived is a legitimate company that offers a simplified way to invest in residential real estate. The company was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Since the company is relatively new, it’s gathered only a handful of reviews as of August 2021. But Arrived does have a profile with the BBB and has been accredited since June 2021 with an A rating.
In June 2021, Arrived secured its first round of funding totalling $37 million. Investors include Core Innovation Capital, Bezos Expeditions, Good Friends and others.
3 ways Arrived makes money
Arrived makes money in these three ways:
- Agent rebates. The previous owner of the property pays Arrived a real estate agent rebate when it first buys a rental property.
- Sourcing fee. This is a one-time fee included in the raise amount and listed share price of each property. Arrived charges this fee for sourcing the property and preparing it for investment. This fee varies from property to property.
- Annual asset management fee. This annual fee is paid out of income from the property and helps cover the cost of managing ongoing property administration. It’s based on the capital contributions of investors and is different for each property.
Arrived has limited, but positive, reviews
As of October 2021, Arrived has 10 5-star reviews on Google. Over on the BBB website, customers have rated the company 5 out of 5 stars based on a total of three reviews. Satisfied customers commended the company’s customer service and attentiveness and the platform’s ease of use.
|Better Business Bureau||Rating: A|
|Better Business Bureau||Accredited? Y|
|BBB customer rating||5/5|
|Google Play app reviews||N/A|
|Apple App Store app reviews||N/A|
|Data last updated||August 2021|
Contact Arrived support by chat, email and phone
Connect with Arrived in three ways:
- Phone. Call 814-277-4833, 24/7.
- Live chat. Chat with a member of the Arrived team starting at 8 a.m. PT.
- Email. Send an email to email@example.com.
As a new Arrived customer, you can also schedule a 30-minute introductory call with a member of the Arrived team. Select between a phone call, a Zoom video conference or a Google Meet video conference.
Compare with a wider range of brokers
*Signup bonus information updated weekly.