Renault Megane insurance group & costs
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Renault Megane, and how you can keep your premiums low.
The Renault Megane was first manufactured in 1995, and was designed to replace the Renault 19. Now, in its third generation, the Megane comes in a variations of forms, including hatchback, saloon, convertible, coupe and estate – a model available for people from all walks of life!
Keep reading to find out more about Renault Megane car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Renault Megane insurance cost by driver’s age
Average Renault Megane insurance rates
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Renault Megane, we ran a series of quotes in order to find an average figure. Our results estimated that, on average, you could insure your Renault Megane with a comprehensive policy for the monthly cost of £64.27, or an annual sum of £704.27. For our enquiries, we used the following information:
- The car is a 2018 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory fitted Thatcham approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Renault Megane insurance rate?
When it comes to the price of car insurance premiums, there are a lot of factors that may prove influential. Whilst some of these may in fact lower your costs, it is worth noting that several of them may also increase them. We’ve listed a selection of factors for you below:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Renault Megane premiums?
Everyone likes to save money, so why not save on your car insurance premiums! Below, we’ve created a list of tips for you that may save you money on your premiums:
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £66.97 a year!
- Make yourself a secure investment. If you keep a good credit rating and a clean history of no claims, you may just find yourself being rewarded with lower premiums.
- Be economical about your car usage. Although it’s tempting to use your car for all your travelling needs, being sparing about your car usage will help to keep your mileage, and your premiums, low.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. If it’s time for renewal, shop around and compare some quotes! There may be a better offer out there.
- Install extra safety precautions. Providers don’t like to insure risks, so the safer and more secure you can make your vehicle, the lower your premiums will be.
- Avoid driving convictions. Driving convictions hike up the price of your premiums, so try your best to avoid any.
Renault Megane facts
- For the Renault Megane, you can choose from a selection of 6 different engines. They include 2 turbocharged petrol options, 2 turbodiesel alternatives, a hybrid assist with electric assistance and a twin-turbo engine.
- The Renault Megane offers a great fuel economy, and is less damaging for the environment with CO2 emissions as low as 96g/km in manual transmission cars.
- The Renault Megane is available in 25 different versions, with 6 different trims available.
How safe is Renault Megane?
When tested by Euro NCAP in 2016, the Renault Megane was awarded a 5/5 safety rating. It scored impressively for both its adult and child occupant safety measures, with the former achieving 88% and the latter scoring 87%. The Megane’s safety features and precautions merited it a score of 71% for the safety assist category.
As standard, the Renault Megane comes with a variety of great features that are designed to keep you safe on the road. The ABS with electronic brake-force distribution will prevent your car from skidding in the event of an emergency situation by distributing out the force of the brake, whilst also working to keep your wheels from locking. The speed limiter ensures that you maintain the legal speed limit, whilst the hill start assist helps to prevent rollback when you move off on a slope, and as such can help to prevent any backwards bumps.
As previously mentioned, the safer and more secure your vehicle is, the lower you may find your premiums become. The Renault Megane comes with a great selection of optional features that you may wish to invest in. The AEB Inter-urban is designed to help you to avoid low speed and rear-ending collisions by monitoring the distance between your car and the vehicle in front, and emergency brake on your behalf if it detects a collision. In addition, the Megane is also available with speed assistance, to help you to keep to the legal speed limit and avoid any excessive speed, and a lane assist system that will alert you if you begin to drift from your lane.
For more details about extra safety features available to the Renault Megane, visit the Renault website.
Compare insurance for other Renault models
More guides on Finder
Learner motorbike insurance
Find out what motorcycle insurance for learner riders includes, what affects the cost of premiums and how you can save money.
Courier van insurance
Find out what van insurance for courier drivers includes, who it’s for and how to save on your policy.
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert