Renault Megane insurance group & costs
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Renault Megane, and how you can keep your premiums low.
The Renault Megane was first manufactured in 1995, and was designed to replace the Renault 19. Now, in its third generation, the Megane comes in a variations of forms, including hatchback, saloon, convertible, coupe and estate – a model available for people from all walks of life!
Keep reading to find out more about Renault Megane car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Renault Megane insurance cost by driver’s age
Average Renault Megane insurance rates
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Renault Megane, we ran a series of quotes in order to find an average figure. Our results estimated that, on average, you could insure your Renault Megane with a comprehensive policy for the monthly cost of £64.27, or an annual sum of £704.27. For our enquiries, we used the following information:
- The car is a 2018 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory fitted Thatcham approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Renault Megane insurance rate?
When it comes to the price of car insurance premiums, there are a lot of factors that may prove influential. Whilst some of these may in fact lower your costs, it is worth noting that several of them may also increase them. We’ve listed a selection of factors for you below:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Renault Megane premiums?
Everyone likes to save money, so why not save on your car insurance premiums! Below, we’ve created a list of tips for you that may save you money on your premiums:
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £66.97 a year!
- Make yourself a secure investment. If you keep a good credit rating and a clean history of no claims, you may just find yourself being rewarded with lower premiums.
- Be economical about your car usage. Although it’s tempting to use your car for all your travelling needs, being sparing about your car usage will help to keep your mileage, and your premiums, low.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. If it’s time for renewal, shop around and compare some quotes! There may be a better offer out there.
- Install extra safety precautions. Providers don’t like to insure risks, so the safer and more secure you can make your vehicle, the lower your premiums will be.
- Avoid driving convictions. Driving convictions hike up the price of your premiums, so try your best to avoid any.
Renault Megane facts
- For the Renault Megane, you can choose from a selection of 6 different engines. They include 2 turbocharged petrol options, 2 turbodiesel alternatives, a hybrid assist with electric assistance and a twin-turbo engine.
- The Renault Megane offers a great fuel economy, and is less damaging for the environment with CO2 emissions as low as 96g/km in manual transmission cars.
- The Renault Megane is available in 25 different versions, with 6 different trims available.
The bottom line
The idea that there’s a Renualt Megane for everyone extends to insurance too. In most cases, you’ll pay below the average amount to cover this car. The tips in this guide will help you cut insurance costs further too.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Renault models
More guides on Finder
What is capital gains tax?
Want to know what capital gains tax is, how it works and when you need to pay it? Read our comprehensive guide on what you need to know about capital gains tax including what your CGT allowance is for the 2021/2022 tax year.
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert