Together Money mortgage review July 2020
Together Money is the lender that evaluates applications on a case-by-case basis without relying on a credit score. It uses underwriters not computers to make its lending decisions.
Mortgages on most property types – including ex-council houses, high-rise properties and non-standard constructions – will be considered. Those with recent CCJs and defaults may still be eligible.
What types of mortgage does Together Money provide?
- Fixed-rate mortgages. A fixed-rate mortgage is ideal for those looking for certainty with regards to the size of their monthly repayments. Together Money’s fixed-rate mortgages have a five-year term. After five years, you’ll be switched onto a tracker rate fixed at a certain percentage above the Bank of England base rate. The maximum loan-to-value is 75%.
- Shared ownership mortgages. Together Money is happy to consider mortgages arranged under the government’s Shared Ownership scheme. This involves the buyer purchasing a percentage of the property and paying rent on the remainder of it. The buyer then has the option to purchase larger shares of the property when they can afford it.
- Buy-to-let mortgages. The lender offers buy-to-let mortgages for landlords in a range of circumstances. There are specialist products for accidental landlords, holiday lets and semi-commercial properties among others.
- Remortgages. The lender offers fixed rates and variable rates for those looking to remortgage. You could be eligible to borrow up to 70% of the property value and your legal fees will be covered.
- Regulated bridging loans. These short-term loans are perfect for those who want to buy a new property, but haven’t sold their existing home. You pay back the loan in full at the end of the term (up to 12 months). Together gives you the choice to either pay interest monthly or roll it up and add it to your capital repayment.
Together Money also offers commercial mortgages, auction finance and secured personal loans.
Together Money | Specialist mortgage lender
- Award-winning specialist mortgage lender
- We'll take everything you earn into account
- Self-employed applications need just 12 months' trading
- CCJs and Defaults accepted – even in the last year
- Available on a variety of properties, including high-rise, ex-council and others
How do I contact Together Money?
You can contact Together Money’s mortgage experts by calling 0330 127 7938. Alternatively, you can fill out the callback form on its website.
The team works between 09.00 and 20.00 on Monday to Thursday and 09.00 and 19.00 on Fridays.
How do I apply for a Together Money mortgage?
You can apply for a Together Money mortgage over the phone.
The lender’s mortgage expert will ask for a few personal and financial details so they can recommend the best available product for you. They will then guide you through the full application process. This will involve you sending documents, such as wage slips or bank statements.
Your eligibility will be decided by a human, not the algorithm of a credit reference agency.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and no older than 80 at the end of the mortgage term.
The maximum mortgage size is £1,000,000 and borrowers must stump up at least 25% of the mortgage value as a deposit. Mortgage terms can be between 3 and 40 years.
All income types will be considered, as will applicants with CCJs and defaults (even in the last 12 months).
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Read more on this topic
Coronavirus property prices We have explored how house prices have been affected across the country during this time and how interest in renting has fluctuated in different regions.
Accelerate My Mortgage review This new cashback website will help you to shave years off your mortgage.
Finder Mortgages Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 How did your mortgage provider fare in our latest customer survey? Find out the winner of this year's Finder Customer Satisfaction Awards.
Proportunity review Discover the pros and cons of taking out an equity loan with Proportunity.
Property flipping Our comprehensive guide to property flipping gives you all the information you need to make a profit, from finding the right property to the costs you need to consider.
Methodology for mortgage ratings You’ll find customer satisfaction star ratings on some of our mortgage provider reviews. Here’s how we came up with them.
First-time buyer statistics We looked at the latest statistics to see how difficult it is to get your foot on the property ladder in 2019.
Mortgage statistics From the average house price to how many outstanding mortgages there are, we explore all the latest mortgage statistics for the UK.
Buying repossessed property How to buy a repossessed property and what the risks and benefits are. Plus, where to look for properties, buying at auction and issues to look out for.
DIY conveyancing Detailed guide to DIY conveyancing, including what checks you need to make, the searches you need to carry out and when you’re better off employing a professional.