Compare Lloyds Bank mortgages
If you borrow £170,000 over a 25-year term at 1.65% p.a. (fixed) for 62 months reverting to 3.59% p.a. (variable) for the remaining term, you would make 62 monthly payments of £691.94 and 238 monthly payments of £825.30. The total payable would be £240,614.68, which includes interest of £ 69,322, valuation fees of £248 and a product fee of £995. The overall cost for comparison is 2.9% APRC representative.
What types of mortgage can I get with Lloyds?
- Fixed rate: Your interest rate will remain fixed for a set amount of time, providing certainty as far as the size of your mortgage payments.
- Remortgages: You can switch your existing mortgage to Lloyds Bank via one of its remortgage products.
- Interest-only: Your monthly repayments will only take mortgage interest into account. You’ll repay the capital at the end of the mortgage term.
- Offset: You’ll use the funds in your Lloyds Bank savings account to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Buy-to-let: This mortgage allows you to borrow money to purchase an additional property and let it out to tenants.
- Shared ownership: This mortgage allows you to buy a percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property as and when you can afford to do so.
How to apply
You can apply online, by calling 0800 783 3534 or by visiting a local branch.
What information do I need to provide?
You’ll need to provide personal details and financial information. You might need to show payslips and/or bank statements to back this up. The lender will also want to see details of any existing debt you have.
Usually, you must be 18 or over to apply and not more than 80 when your mortgage term comes to an end.
All applicants will be subject to an affordability test or credit check. Lloyds Bank has an affordability calculator on its website, which estimates how much you may be able to borrow. The maximum borrowing amount is £5 million.
For general mortgage queries, call 0800 783 3534 or visit a local branch.
Lloyds mortgages customer reviews
Lloyds Bank was highly commended in our 2021 Mortgages Customer Satisfaction Awards. Lloyds finished 2nd in our mortgages customer satisfaction survey, scoring 4.5 out of 5 stars, and 91% of its customers saying they would recommend the service. In our survey, customers seemed happy with their experiences with Lloyds, feeling it’s a trusted and reliable provider, with a helpful customer service team.
Here is some of the feedback we got from Lloyds mortgage customers:
“I have found them very helpful”
‘Whenever I need to address a problem with them, they’re always willing to help”
“They have helped me throughout my mortgage application”
“They have been very consistent in service delivery”
Frequently asked questions
- Finder Mortgages Customer Satisfaction Awards 2021
More guides on Finder
Loans for small businesses affected by coronavirus
Learn about government support and alternative options for businesses needing finance to help deal with the impact of coronavirus.
Molo Finance mortgage review
Discover whether a digital-only Molo Finance mortgage could be suitable for you.
Mortgages for students: Buy-for-uni
Discover how you can use buy-for-university mortgages to buy property as a student.
Capital on Tap Business Credit Card review
Earn Avios or cashback on all your business spending with this business Visa from challenger Capital on Tap.
Compare free basic bank accounts (Fee-free)
Discover what a basic bank account is and how they compare to other types of bank accounts.
The Help To Buy mortgage scheme
Discover how the Help To Buy government scheme can make it more affordable to buy a new-build property in the UK.
Enhanced lifetime mortgages
If you’re in poor health, an enhanced lifetime mortgage can help you unlock more of the equity in your home.
Interest only lifetime mortgages
If you want to unlock the equity in your home but keep your interest costs down, an interest-only lifetime mortgage could be for you.
Best mortgage lenders 2021 UK: Find the best bank for a mortgage
Discover the best bank for a mortgage in the UK using real customer reviews from our customer satisfaction survey.
Winners of the Finder Customer Satisfaction Awards 2021 revealed
Finder has announced the winners of its annual Customer Satisfaction Awards, based on the votes of thousands of customers.
Ask an Expert