Compare Lloyds Bank mortgages
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If you borrow £170,000 over a 25-year term at 1.28% p.a. (fixed) for 64 months reverting to 3.59% p.a. (variable) for the remaining term, you would make 64 monthly payments of £662.46 and 236 monthly payments of £816.99. The total payable would be £236,354.08, which includes interest of £65,207, valuation fees of £102 and a product fee of £995. The overall cost for comparison is 2.7% APRC representative.
What types of mortgage can I get with Lloyds?
- Fixed rate: Your interest rate will remain fixed for a set amount of time, providing certainty as far as the size of your mortgage payments.
- Remortgages: You can switch your existing mortgage to Lloyds Bank via one of its remortgage products.
- Interest-only: Your monthly repayments will only take mortgage interest into account. You’ll repay the capital at the end of the mortgage term.
- Offset: You’ll use the funds in your Lloyds Bank savings account to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Buy-to-let: This mortgage allows you to borrow money to purchase an additional property and let it out to tenants.
- Shared ownership: This mortgage allows you to buy a percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property as and when you can afford to do so.
How to apply
You can apply online, by calling 0800 783 3534 or by visiting a local branch.
What information do I need to provide?
You’ll need to provide personal details and financial information. You might need to show payslips and/or bank statements to back this up. The lender will also want to see details of any existing debt you have.
Usually, you must be 18 or over to apply and not more than 80 when your mortgage term comes to an end.
All applicants will be subject to an affordability test or credit check. Lloyds Bank has an affordability calculator on its website, which estimates how much you may be able to borrow. The maximum borrowing amount is £5 million.
For general mortgage queries, call 0800 783 3534 or visit a local branch.
Lloyds mortgages customer reviews
Lloyds Bank was highly commended in our 2021 Mortgages Customer Satisfaction Awards. Lloyds finished 2nd in our mortgages customer satisfaction survey, scoring 4.5 out of 5 stars, and 91% of its customers saying they would recommend the service. In our survey, customers seemed happy with their experiences with Lloyds, feeling it’s a trusted and reliable provider, with a helpful customer service team.
Here is some of the feedback we got from Lloyds mortgage customers:
“I have found them very helpful”
‘Whenever I need to address a problem with them, they’re always willing to help”
“They have helped me throughout my mortgage application”
“They have been very consistent in service delivery”
Frequently asked questions
- Finder Mortgages Customer Satisfaction Awards 2021
More guides on Finder
How do we rate stocks and shares ISAs?
We’ve rated stocks and shares ISAs to find the best one for different categories. Find out the categories we scored them on and how it works.
Binaryx crypto exchange review
Binaryx offers an intuitive interface for investors to trade a range of crypto and fiat assets.
The Warm Home Discount Scheme explained
Find out who gets the Warm Home Discount automatically, who needs to apply and how to do it. Plus more tips for saving on your energy bills.
Santander Select current account review
Learn more about the Santander Select current account to see if it’s right for you.
Virgin Money M Plus current account review
Discover what the Virgin Money M Plus current account has to offer in our review.
Invest in bond ETFs
Find out what Bond ETFs are and how to invest in them.
MyHealthChecked COVID tests review
We’ve reviewed MyHealthChecked, looking at its testing options, price, accuracy, turnaround time and customer reviews.
Monzo review: Is it worth it?
Is Monzo’s app-only current account the right option for you? Read our review to get the low-down on all of the features of the account, its card and the app.
Halifax Reward current account review
Discover what the Halifax Reward current account has to offer to see if it’s right for you.
Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account review
Learn about private banking with Yorkshire Bank to see if it’s right for you.
Ask an Expert