Marks & Spencer provides a huge range of mortgages under its financial services arm, M&S Bank. There are some tempting bonuses available for first-time buyers and home-movers.
M&S Bank is the financial services arm of British retailer Marks & Spencer. It is aiming to make its mark on the mortgage market by providing a huge range of deals and some tempting bonuses.
These mortgages may be particularly appealing if you are a first-time buyer. The lender recently introduced a selection of 95% loan-to-value (LTV) mortgages that could be ideal if you only have a small deposit. There is also a £1,000 cashback available on all first-time buyer mortgages.
A product fee, application fee and completion fee may apply, but you’ll have the option to waive these with the lender’s range of “Fee Saver” products.
Upon approval of a mortgage, you will receive a free property valuation as well as a 30% discount voucher that you can redeem against purchases from the M&S Home and Furniture range.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
What types of mortgages does M&S Bank provide?
- Fixed rate. M&S Bank currently offers fixed-rate mortgages with two- or five-year terms. Mortgages with a 5% deposit or higher are available for first-time buyers. If you’re moving home or remortgaging, you can access deals with a 10% deposit or higher. During your fixed-rate period, you can overpay on your mortgage by 10% of your balance every year without having to pay a fee. After your fixed-rate period ends, you can overpay by as much as you like.
- Tracker. There are a number of tracker-rate mortgages to choose from. These also have two-year or five-year terms. The initial interest rate is set at an agreed percentage above the Bank of England base rate, although it will never fall below 0%. At the end of the initial period, you will shift automatically to the standard M&S Bank variable rate.
- Remortgages. Fixed-rate and tracker deals are available if you’re looking to remortgage. You’ll also receive a fee-assisted legal service with no fees.
- Cashback. With all first-time buyer mortgages, you’ll get a £1,000 cashback upon completion of your mortgage application.
How can I contact M&S Bank?
You can contact the M&S Bank mortgages team by telephone. For new applications, the phone number is 0800 923 1536. There is a live chat service available on the M&S Bank website, plus the M&S Bank customer service Twitter account (@mandsbank) is monitored 24 hours a day.
How do I apply for an M&S Bank mortgage?
You can apply for a mortgage directly by phone on 0800 923 1536 or by post at M&S Bank, PO Box 108, Gateway House, Gargrave Road, Skipton, BD23 9EY.
When calling an M&S Bank mortgage advisor, you’ll be able to get professional advice on the best mortgage for your needs. The advisor will ask a few personal details as well as detailed information on your income and outgoings. This will allow them to give you a “decision in principle” regarding how much money the bank will lend you.
This process takes up to 40 minutes.
If you’re happy with the deal, you’re then free to complete the application over the phone.
Before you begin your application, you’ll need to confirm that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a UK resident.
- You are aged 18 or over.
- You haven’t been declared bankrupt in the last six years.
- The mortgage is for a residential property that you’ll use as your primary residence.
- The property is located in the United Kingdom.
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market