Harpenden Building Society offers discount mortgages via a range of brokers and intermediaries. Discover whether these deals are right for you.
Harpdenden Building Society offers two-year and three-year discount mortgages, although these can only be accessed through brokers and intermediaries. You can choose a variant of these mortgages without an early repayment charge, although this will come with a higher rate.
These mortgages are offered in repayment, interest-only or “part and part” formats. The lender is happy to consider self-employed applicants, contractors or those buying unusually structured properties. It will consider your eligibility for its products on a case-by-case basis, without conducting a traditional credit check.
What types of mortgage does Harpenden Building Society provide?
- Discount mortgages. This is the core product on offer. The mortgage rate will be fixed at a specific percentage below the lender’s standard variable rate for either two or three years. You’ll be automatically switched to the standard variable rate after this initial period. The maximum loan-to-value for a repayment mortgage is 80%.
- Guarantor mortgages. Harpenden Building Society will allow first-time buyers to add a guarantor to their discount mortgage application. This will improve their chances of being approved for this mortgage.
- Later life mortgages. This variant of the product has no upper age limit for applicants. The maximum loan-to-value is 70%.
- Buy-to-let mortgages. The lender also offers its discount mortgages for landlords hoping to purchase buy-to-let properties.
- Remortgages. These deals are available to those looking for a remortgage, as well as those buying a new property.
- Interest-only mortgages. An interest-only mortgage or “part and part” mortgage is available with the same terms. The maximum loan-to-value ratio is 75%.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
How do I contact Harpenden Building Society?
For mortgage enquiries, call 01582 463133. Alternatively, you can visit one of its six branches in and around Hertfordshire.
How do I apply for a Harpenden Building Society mortgage?
You can only apply for a Harpenden Building Society mortgage via a broker or intermediary. The lender suggests this decision is part of its continued commitment to responsible lending.
Indeed, this means you’ll only be recommended a Harpenden Building Society mortgage if your broker or intermediary believes it’s the most suitable deal on its books.
If you’re happy to apply for a Harpenden Building Society mortgage, your broker will pass on your application to the lender.
A decision on your eligibility will typically be made within 48 hours. Harpenden Building Society doesn’t make affordability decisions based on traditional credit checks. Instead, it makes its own decisions on a case-by-case basis.
To be considered for a Harpdenden Building Society mortgage, you must:
- Be aged 18 or over.
- Secure the loan against a property in England or Wales.
- Have suffered no CCJs over £500, bankruptcies or IVAs in the last three years.
Mortgage loans can be between £75,000 and £3,500,000 depending on your circumstances. The maximum mortgage term is 35 years.
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market