Family Building Society Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Family Building Society offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
For example, you may be able to use your family’s assets as security for your mortgage, without them having ot hand anything over. It may also be possible to add your family’s savings to an offset mortgage.
These additional assets give the lender to the confidence to offer mortgage rates that applicants may not have been able to access elsewhere.
What types of mortgages can I get with Family Building Society?
- Fixed rate Your interest rate remains locked for a set amount of time, giving added certainty when it comes to the size of your monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgages You can switch from your existing mortgage provider to Family Building Society via the lender’s remortgage products.
- Offset You can use money in a Family Building Society savings account to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Discount rate With this mortgage type, your interest rate remains locked a specific percentage below the lender’s standard variable rate for a set amount of time.
- Variable rate Your interest rate could fluctuate based on various economic conditions.
- Buy to let You can purchase an additional property and let it out to tenants with this mortgage type.
- 95% LTV Purchase a property with a mortgage deposit worth only 5% of the property’s value.
- Interest-only Your monthly repayments on take into account the mortgage interest. You’ll pay off the capital at the end of the mortgage term.
How to apply
You can apply online or arrange for a mortgage expert to call you by visiting familybuilding society.co.uk. Alternatively, you can call the lender on 03330 608 104.
What information is needed to apply?
You’ll need to provide personal details, address history, employment history and documents outlingin nyour financial situations. This will include recent payslips and bank statements. If a family member is acting as a guarantor, they will also need to provide these details.
Self-employed applicants will need to show two years worth of accounts.
The applicant must be aged 18 between and 89 looking to purchase a property in England or Wales. They must be no nolder than 95 when the mortgage term is due to end. All applicants and guarantors will be subject to affordability checks.
There is no minimum income criteria, and applicants who have recently suffered mortgage arrears, defaults or CCJs may still be considered.
You can make general enquiries by calling 03330 140140 or emailing email@example.com.
Compare Family Building Society using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Family Building Society, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert