Darlington Building Society Mortgage Rates & Fees Comparison
Darlington Building Society offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with Darlington Building Society?
- Fixed rate With these mortgages, your interest rate will be locked for a set amount of time, providing more certainty over the size of your monthly repayments. Darlington Building Society currently offers two-year, three-year or five-year fixed-rate mortgages.
- Remortgages You can switch your existing mortgage to Darlington Building Society using one of its remortgage products.
- Variable rate With these mortgages, you’ll pay the lender’s standard variable rate.
- Buy to let You need a buy-to-let mortgage to borrow money to purchase an additional property and let it out to tenants.
- Discounted rate With this mortgage, your interest rate will remain a specific percentage below the lender’s standard variable rate for a set amount of time.
How to apply
The easiest ways to apply for a Darlington Building Society mortgage are by calling 01325 741004 or visiting a local branch. Alternatively, you can download the application forms from the lender’s website, print them, fill them in and send them in the post.
What documents do I need to provide
The lender will want to see proof of identity, proof of address, your last three monthly payslips (or three years of accounts if you are self-employed) and your last three months of bank statements. You’ll also need to provide information with regards to existing debts or financial commitments.
The lender will only consider mortgages for properties in England and Wales. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and the mortgage term shouldn’t extend beyond their 85th birthday.
Any applicant who has suffered CCJs, IVAs, arrears, defaults, bankruptcies, repossessions or debt management plans in the last three years will be declined.
The lender provides a detailed breakdown of it completes its affordability assessment online. You may want to check this if you’re worried that the mortgage may be deemed too expensive for you.
Compare Darlington Building Society using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Darlington Building Society, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Frequently asked questions
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Ask an Expert