Chelsea Building Society offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
Chelsea Building Society is a trading name of Yorkshire Building Society based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. Chelsea merged with the Yorkshire in 2010, at which point Chelsea was the fourth-largest building society in the United Kingdom with assets in excess of £13 billion. Chelsea has 35 branded branches, mainly in the southern areas of England with a large number in London.
What types of mortgages can I get with Chelsea Building Society?
- Fixed rate Your interest rate will be locked for a set amount of time. After your fixed-rate period ends, you’ll be switched onto the lender’s standard variable rate.
- Remortgages You can switch from your existing mortgage provider to Chelsea Building Society via one of its remortgage products.
- Cashback With some Chelsea Building Society mortgages, you’ll receive a lump sum of cashback upon confirmation of your mortgage.
- Tracker With a tracker mortgage, your interest rate will shift up and down in line with the Bank of England base rate.
- Offset With an offset mortgage, you use your savings to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Buy-to-let A buy-to-let mortgage allows you to borrow money to buy an additional property and let it out.
How to apply
You can apply for a mortgage by calling 0345 1200 842 or by visiting thechelsea.co.uk.
What information is needed to apply?
You’ll need to supply personal details, employment history and financial details. The lender will want to see previous payslips and bank statements to back up this information. When you request a lending decision, your details will be verified with a credit reference agency. This won’t appear on your credit file, however.
To get a mortgage from Chelsea Building Society, You need to be at least 18 years old and be a UK resident. Chelsea Building Society cannot accept applications if the mortgage term extends beyond your intended retirement date. The minimum loan term is five years, while the maximum term is 35 years.
Compare Chelsea Building Society using a mortgage broker.
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Chelsea Building Society, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Frequently asked questions
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market