Lexus IS200 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Lexus IS200 based on your age and location.
The Lexus IS200 is a four-door saloon, produced during the early 2000s. There’s little that sets this apart from classy saloons like the Audi A4 or the Mercedes C-Class, although you may be able to pick up a second-hand model at a great price these days. In this guide, you’ll learn how much it could cost to insure a Lexus IS200 based on your age and location.
What insurance group does the Lexus IS200 fall under?
All vehicles are assigned a specific insurance group that helps insurers determine a suitable premium from you. These groups range from 1 (cheapest to insure) to 50 (most expensive). Lexus IS200 models appear in insurance groups ranging from 24 to 30, meaning this car will cost slightly more than the average vehicle to insure.
However, the costs may vary depending on the specific model of Lexus IS200 you have and the insurance group it falls under. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £854 for cover on a Lexus IS200 200d Advance 4d that is in insurance group 24 or around £906 for a Lexus IS200 250 SE 4d CVT Auto that is in insurance group 29. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a higher insurance group.
Lexus IS200 insurance cost by location
The table above reveals the average cost of insuring a Lexus IS200, based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are more factors that will determine your car insurance premiums.
Your location is one of the most significant factors considered by insurance companies. To show the potential impact of your home address, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Lexus IS200 250 SE 4d.
- Expensive: £1,041 (London SE1)
- Average: £906 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £704 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Lexus IS200 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. As a general rule, the bigger the engine, the more it will cost to insure your vehicle. For example, it may cost £986 for insurance for a Lexus IS200 200d Advance 4d, while you may pay £1,046 for a Lexus IS200 250 SE-L Sunroof 2009 4d Auto.
- Driver location. Your premium will dip or rise depending on how likely motorists from your neighbourhood are to claim on their policy, based on previous data. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,041 for insurance for a Lexus IS200 250 Sport 4d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £906. This £135 difference occurs because Londoners are historically more likely to claim on their car insurance than those living in Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers are the most likely to claim on their car insurance and that’s why they are charged more than experienced drivers. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,811 for the Lexus IS200 250 Sport 4d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £948. As you can see, the average 20-year-old would have to fork out almost double to insure a Lexus IS200, compared to their 40-year-old self.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security features
- Any extra anti-theft precautions you have installed
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity, including your no claims discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Lexus IS200 premiums?
When hunting for car insurance, there are plenty of actions you can take to lower the cost of your premiums. We’ve listed some of the best ideas below:
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Paying annually you can secure you a nifty discount, as a lot of insurance companies charge interest on monthly premium payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. That’s why many insurers will offer premium discounts for doing so.
- Don’t blindly accept your renewal quote. Use a price comparison website to find the best deal across the whole market. There is likely to be cheaper options out there.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.