Jaguar F-Pace insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Jaguar F-Pace based on your age and location.
The Jaguar F-Pace is an SUV which has won several awards for its quality. Available with petrol and diesel engines, you can expect premium performance both on the road and off it. It’s the fastest-selling vehicle in Jaguar’s history. In this guide, you’ll find out how much it costs to insure based on the age and location of the driver.
What insurance group does the Jaguar F-Pace fall under?
All vehicles are placed within a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) and this helps determine the cost of your premium. Jaguar F-Pace models can be found in insurance groups ranging from 24 to 50, so you can expect the costs to vary significantly between different Jaguar F-Pace models. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £841 for cover on a Jaguar F-Pace Prestige 2.0 Turbocharged Diesel 163PS 5d that is in insurance group 23 or around £1,219 for a Jaguar F-Pace 5.0 V8 550 SVR 5dr Auto AWD that is in insurance group 50. This is clear impact of the premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Jaguar F-Pace insurance cost by location
There are many other factors that alter the cost of your car insurance premiums, including your location.
To illustrate the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Jaguar F-Pace Portfolio 2.0 Turbocharged Diesel 163PS 5d.
- Expensive: £997 (London SE1)
- Average: £868 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £672 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Jaguar F-Pace insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, here are some more key factors that have a huge impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £978 for insurance for a Jaguar F-Pace Prestige 2.0 Turbocharged Diesel 163PS 5d, while you may pay £1,287 for a Jaguar F-Pace SVR 5.0 V8 Supercharged 550PS AWD auto 5d. That’s a £309 difference for the same vehicle with a larger engine.
- Driver location. Insurers will always use your home address to calculate the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident. This will affect the cost of insurance. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,041 for insurance for a Jaguar F-Pace 2.0d R-Sport 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £906. That’s a £135 difference based solely on your home address.
- Driver age. The youngest motorists pay more for car insurance because they are more likely to make a claim on their policies. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,811 for the Jaguar F-Pace 2.0d Portfolio 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £948. So, as you can see, in this example the younger motorist would have to pay double to insure the same vehicle.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s security features
- The number of years on your no-claims discount
- Whether you’re married or not
- Your credit history and occupation
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
How can I save on my Jaguar F-Pace premiums?
You can save a significant amount of money by taking the time to search for the best car insurance deal available to you. Here are some ideas to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). If you can occasionally walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, you can earn a discount on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Pay annually and you’ll eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly repayments.
- Install extra safety precautions. By adding extra safety measures, you make your car less of a risk for companies to insure. That’s why most insurers will lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – check price comparison websites for cheaper options.
Jaguar F-Pace facts and trivia
- The Jaguar F-Pace was the first SUV to be launched by Jaguar.
- The vehicle won the 2017 World Car Of The Year award.
If you love SUVs, the Jaguar F-Pace is the car of dreams. But, of course, just as with any other luxury SUVs, it’ll cost a lot to insure. Thankfully, the tips in this guide can help you cut your premiums by quite a bit.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert