This online connection service can help you borrow up to $50,000.
Slam Dunk Loans could connect you with a quick cash loan — even if you don’t have the best credit. Just be wary of high APRs and fees with its network of partner lenders.
|Product Name||Slam Dunk Loans|
|Min. Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Turnaround Time||1 business day|
|Requirements||Employed, $800+ regular monthly income, checking account, ages 18+, US citizen|
- Be employed, receive regular income.
- Earn at least $800 a month.
- Have a checking account.
- Be 18 years of age or older and a US citizen.
What is Slam Dunk Loans?
Slam Dunk Loans is a short-term loan connection service issued through Round Sky, an ad agency for payday and installment loans.
If you’re unsure of which direction to go for a payday loan, Slam Dunk Loans may be able to connect you with a short-term lender from its nationwide network. You can borrow between $200 and $50,000, depending on your state. Other terms, like the length of your contract and the fees you pay, will depend on your lender.
You don’t necessarily need good credit to be approved, but you must make at least $800 a month and have an active checking account in order to be considered.
Slam Dunk Loans only services specific states
Slam Dunk Loans doesn’t offer loans to residents of Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia or West Virginia.
Visit our state directory if you live in one of these states to see which loans are available near you.
What are the benefits of Slam Dunk Loans?
From its fast turnaround to its lax credit requirements, here are a few perks of finding a lender through Slam Dunk Loans:
- Poor credit welcome. Slam Dunk Loans works with lenders that accept borrowers from all financial backgrounds, including those with bad credit or who’ve been involved in bankruptcy.
- Fast funding. While turnaround varies by lender, your loan funds could be deposited into your bank account as soon as the next business day.
- Compare offers from multiple lenders. You can complete a simple online form in just a few minutes and compare offers from several lenders that may be able to help.
- Contact information readily available. Unlike some other short-term loan connection services, Slam Dunk Loans has both a phone number and email form listed on its website to get in touch with customer support.
What to watch out for
Not sure if Slam Dunk Loans is right for you? Consider these potential drawbacks before using its service:
- Your information could be sold. Because Slam Dunk Loans is a connection service, your personal details could be sold to lenders as a lead.
- APRs can be high. Depending on the lender you’re connected with and where you live, your APR could be in the triple digits. This means you might be paying hundreds of dollars in interest, even for smaller loans.
- Lenders are a mixed bag. Because every lender in Slam Dunk’s network has its own policies, conditions and fees, be sure to review everything before signing the dotted line.
- No online reviews. Slam Dunk Loans doesn’t have a page on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Trustpilot, so you won’t be able to rely on feedback from former borrowers before using its service.
How does Slam Dunk Loans compare to direct lenders?
Not helpful for long-term financial problemsSlam Dunk Loans doesn’t charge a fee to use its service, but that doesn’t mean a short-term loan is always a good idea. The high costs can make this type of financing difficult to repay — and it’s not uncommon for borrowers to end up in a cycle of debt.
If you’ve been facing several financial setbacks and don’t know where to turn, there are alternatives to short-term loans you may want to consider instead.
Is it safe to apply with Slam Dunk Loans?
What does the Internet say about Slam Dunk Loans?
Not much — Slam Dunk Loans doesn’t have a page on Trustpilot or the BBB. This isn’t uncommon for short-term loan connection services, but it does mean you’ll have a hard time determining how it treats its users.
If you do decide to use Slam Dunk Loans to find a lender, do a little research. The lender you’re connected with should have reviews, so see what others have to say about its services and costs. This way, you know exactly what you’re getting into before signing the dotted line.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for a short-term loan from one of Slam Dunk Loans’ partner lenders, you must:
- Be employed or have a regular source of income.
- Make at least $800 per month.
- Have an active checking account.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
How do I get started?
It only takes a few minutes to fill out Slam Dunk Loans’ online form. Follow these steps to get started:
- Click Go to Site to be redirected to the Slam Dunk Loans website.
- Select the amount you want to borrow and enter your email address. Click Start here.
- Enter your full name, the last four digits of your Social Security number, your birth year and your ZIP code. Click Continue.
- Enter your address, phone number and driver’s license number. Click Proceed to Next Step.
- Select your date of birth, then enter information about your employment, income and bank account.
Slam Dunk Loans will review your form and attempt to connect you with a lender within five minutes. If you’re connected, you’ll need to fill out an application with that lender and wait for approval.
I was connected with a lender. Now what?
If your lender approves your application, read over the loan terms carefully. It should list out how much you borrowed, how much you’re going to pay in interest and any fees you might be charged. From here, you’ll need to stay on top of your payments to avoid paying late fees. To help, some lenders may even allow you set up automatic payments — just make sure you have enough in your account on the due date to cover it.
Keep an eye on your loan balance and bank account. If you notice anything off, reach out to your lender’s customer service team as soon as possible.
Slam Dunk Loans can be a handy tool when you’re looking for a short-term loan but don’t have time to compare lenders. It has relatively easy-to-meet eligibility requirements, though you’ll want to check out reviews and terms for the lender you’re matched with before going through with any loan.
Read our guide to short-term loans to understand more about how they work so you aren’t caught in the dark.