Get a personal loan from Upstart in three simple steps and benefit from repayment flexibility
Investors can benefit from customized plans and they can get the Upstart online platform to invest for them automatically. Investors don’t have to pay any fees and they can choose from different loan grades to meet their risk and returns criteria.
Cross River Bank, an FDIC insured New Jersey-charted commercial bank, is responsible for making all Upstart personal loans.
Upstart Personal Loan Offer
Consolidate your debt to pay it off faster. Apply to borrow up to $50,000 from Upstart Personal Loans.
- Min. Loan Amount: $1,000
- Max. Loan Amount: $50,000
- Loan Term: 36 months
- Turnaround Time: 1-2 business days
- Total Costs: Depends on your credit score.
- No prepayment penalty
- Confidential and secure online application
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Borrowing from Upstart
You can use proceeds from an Upstart personal loan for purposes such as paying off credit card debt, paying off student loans, taking a course, paying for college, relocating, paying medical bills, starting or expanding a business, buying a car or any other worthwhile purpose. Upstart lets you check the rate you qualify for without actually submitting a complete application, and this does not affect your credit score. Repayment flexibility lets you make additional repayments at any time, which you can do online.
Features of a Upstart personal loan
Upstart’s personal loans include the follow features:
- Quick and easy process. Checking the annual percentage rate (APR) you can get takes no more than a couple of minutes – you just have to provide some basic information about your education and employment. After your application’s approval you get to review and accept the loan contract, and once you do this you can get the money by the next day.
- Unique underwriting process. Upstart’s simulation-driven underwriting process looks at more than just your FICO credit score. It also takes into account your education, area of study and job history.
- Variable loan amount. You can borrow any amount from $1,000 to $50,000 through an Upstart personal loan. he maximum you qualify for depends on factors including your existing financial situation, your ability to repay and your creditworthiness.
- Fixed rate. Upstart personal loans have fixed APRs that remain the same for the entire loan term. This ensures your repayments won’t change over time. APRs for these loans start at 4.66%. The rate depends on the loan grade you qualify for, and can go up to 29.99%.
- Make additional payments. You can make additional repayments towards your loan at any time, and doing so does not attract any penalties. Any amount you pay in excess of your monthly amount due counts as a prepayment towards the following month’s payment.
- Online dashboard. The online dashboard lets you make changes to your payment schedule and you can use it to make extra repayments. You can use it to change recurring payment amounts, change scheduled payment dates and cancel scheduled payments.
- Customer support. You can contact the Upstart customer service team via email, you can chat with an Upstart representative online and you can speak to an Upstart representative over the phone.
How to apply for a personal loan from Upstart
Applying for an Upstart personal loan is easy. To get started you can apply online. Before you do, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent resident of the US or an American citizen
- You don’t live in West Virginia
- You have a steady source of income or a full time job offer starting within six months
To complete the application successfully, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Your name, email address, residential address and phone number
- Your date of birth and social security number
- Details of your checking account (this must allow ACH debits and credits)
- Details of your employment
- Your income details