Do you want a mobile loan that you can apply for on the go?
Mobile phones play an important role in our lives. Email, meetings, video conferencing, even making huge purchases are all available at our fingertips, anywhere we go.
Today if you need a loan you don’t have to look past your mobile phone. Many lenders in the US have mobile-friendly websites and apps through which they offer mobile loans. Applying for a loan this way requires that you have access to an Internet-enabled mobile phone. If you’re considering applying for a mobile loan, going through this guide will serve you well.
- Easy online application
- Quick approval
- Fast funding
- Long repayment terms
OppLoans Installment Loans
Installment loans with competitive rates from a top-rated direct lender.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $5,000
- Turnaround time: 1 business day
- Loan term: 9 to 36 months
- Must have direct deposit and meet minimum income requirements
What is a mobile loan?
Mobile loans are loans you can apply for using your cell phone, provided it has access to the Internet. This takes away the need to visit a physical location or to find it on a desktop computer. These loans work the same way as online loans.
You start the process by submitting an application using your mobile through the lender’s website or an app. Upon approval, the lender presents you with a loan contract. Once you accept the contract’s terms and conditions, the lender transfers the approved funds into your bank account.
You then have to repay the loan in accordance with a predetermined repayment plan.
A selection of short-term loans you can apply for
What loans can you apply for on your cell phone?
If you’re looking for a mobile loan you get various options to choose from:
- Personal loans. Banks and credit unions across the country provide personal loans and many of these institutions let you apply using mobile devices. To apply, good credit is usually required.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) loans. If you have good credit rating you can consider getting a P2P loan. With these loans, you don’t deal with conventional lenders, with the P2P lender facilitating the loan process. When you apply, the P2P lender assesses your application and then passes it to possible investors who choose whether or not to fund your loan.
- Short term loans. If you have poor or bad creditworthiness you can think about applying for a mobile payday loan, as these lenders take factors other than your credit score into account. Usually, you have to repay a short term loan when you next get paid, but this differs from state to state. People also refer to these loans as cash advances and payday loans.
- Installment loans. If payday loans are not legal in your state or if you’re looking for a longer loan term, you can consider an installment loan. You have to repay these loans in equal installments over a scheduled time period.
- Auto title loans. You can consider an auto title loan if you have a vehicle, where your vehicle’s title secures the loan. Since you’re providing security, you don’t need perfect creditworthiness to apply.
Want to apply on your cell? Consider the benefits and drawbacks first
- Multiple options. If you have a mobile with Internet access you have various loan options, including personal loans, short term loans and auto title loans.
- Apply from anywhere. Your physical location doesn’t matter, and you can find mobile loan providers that don’t require you to fax or scan any documents as they can in verify your credentials online.
- Receive funds in your account. Upon the approval of your loan, you don’t have to visit a physical location to collect your money. Instead, the lender would transfer the money into your bank account.
- No physical locations. Some providers of mobile loans limit their operations to being solely online. This may be a deal-breaker if you like to have face-to-face interactions.
- Security concerns. The online world brings with it threats in the form of viruses, hacker attacks, phishing and malware. Dealing with a reputable lender is important to protect yourself, as is exercising caution.
What should you look for on a mobile site?
When you’re looking for mobile loans, various aspects require your attention:
|Security.||This is one of the biggest concerns of online loans. Good providers use the latest in encryption technology to keep your information secure. They make use of bank-level security measures and they don’t share your information with third parties.|
|Online tools.||Some mobile loan websites offer loan calculators. You can use these calculators to find out what your repayments will look like ahead of time, allowing you to borrow as per your affordability.|
|Application process.||Some financial institutions allow their existing customers to apply for mobile loans by logging into their accounts, minimizing the information you have to provide. If you have to go through an identity verification process, find out if you can complete it online.|