Future Finance student loans
Future Finance student loans help you cover the cost of your studies today so you don't need to worry tomorrow.
Future Finance student loans
- Borrow from £2,000 to £60,000
- Apply in five minutes for same-day funding
- No early repayment fees
- Option to take two three-month breaks from repayments
Representative example: Borrow £5,000 over 89 months at a rate of 14.78% p.a. (variable) with an origination fee of £425. Representative APR 18.7% and total payable £9,270.88 in 5 monthly payments of £5 and 84 monthly payments of £110.07.
What is Future Finance Loans?
Future Finance is a British loan provider and the UK’s first private student lender. It was founded in 2014 and provides finance for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
While Future Finance is a dedicated student loan provider, it is not affiliated with Student Finance England.
How do Future Finance personal loans work?
You can apply for a variable-rate student loan from £2,000 to £60,000, which can then be repaid over an agreed period up to 10 years after graduation.
Future Finance loans are available to UK, EU and international students, as long as they attend an eligible UK university. Students can apply for a loan up to nine months before their course starts or at any point during their studies.
What is APR?
The annual percentage rate (APR) is used to give you an annual summary of the potential cost of your loan. It factors in both interest and any mandatory charges, such as application fees, to give you the overall cost of borrowing.
Lenders like Future Finance must determine the APR of their products in the same way and are required to tell you the APR before you sign your loan agreement. It can therefore be a helpful tool for customers looking to compare different loans and lenders.
However, lenders only have to provide the advertised representative APR to 51% of customers and the remaining 49% could pay more (this is why it’s called the representative APR).
Am I eligible for a Future Finance student loan?
If you want to apply for a Future Finance loan, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
If you’re an international student, you may also need to provide a UK-based guarantor for your loan.
What info will I need to apply?
You’ll need to provide the following documents and information when you apply for a Future Finance Loans student loan:
- Proof of identity and address
- Enrolment verification
- Bank or building society details
If you’re applying for a guarantor student loan, you’ll need to provide the name and contact details of your guarantor.
Can I get a Future Finance loan with bad credit?
Yes, you may be able to get a Future Finance student loan if you have bad credit or limited credit history. When considering your application, Future Finance evaluates your potential future earnings as well as your current financial situation, which means you can still be eligible for a loan if you have bad credit.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to get a £200,000 loan
If you’re considering applying for a £200,000 personal loan, check out this guide which explains how to compare lenders and find the best deal.
How to get a £150,000 loan
If you’re considering applying for a £150,000 personal loan, check out this guide which explains how to compare lenders and find the best deal.
How to get a £100,000 loan
If you’re considering applying for a £100,000 personal loan, check out this guide which explains how to compare lenders and find the best deal.
Buy now pay later (BNPL) statistics | 2020
Buy now pay later is the fastest growing online payment method in the UK. Discover the latest statistics on how it’s disrupting the payments industry.
Best international money transfer services
Learn how to compare international money transfer services so you can get the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Starting a business with no money
This guide will help you successfully start a business – even if you currently have no money to fund it.
Best exemplified by the Oracle of Omaha himself, Warren Buffett, value investing is an investing strategy that, you guessed it, tries to find value in the stock market.
YNAB alternatives: Personal finance software alternatives
Not happy with what YNAB has to offer? This guide lists 5 alternatives to this personal finance software.
Compare the best mortgage deals of October 2020
Everything you need to know about getting a cheap mortgage with the lowest rate and fees.
Compare current accounts
If you don’t feel like you’re getting much from your bank account, switching has never been easier! Banks and building societies offer up cash and vouchers when you switch, and will handle the boring bits for you.