Shawbrook Bank personal loans
You won’t find Shawbrook Bank when you're picking up a latte on the high street, but online it offers tailored personal loans that are worth a detour.
Established in 2011, Shawbrook Bank is a specialist bank offering an alternative to traditional high-street lenders, working both directly with consumers and through a broker network.
Although a young company, it describes itself as offering “the old-fashioned quality of good sense”, combined with a focus on providing a personalised service to customers. Shawbrook Bank offers personal loans of up to £35,000, guaranteeing fixed rates and fixed monthly repayments over the term of the loan. What sets it apart from other lenders is the case-by-case approach to rates, amounts and terms – Shabrook Bank says it looks at every customer individually.
Shawbrook offers both secured and unsecured personal loans, so whether you’re consolidating debt, improving your home, upgrading your car, or planning some other major expenditure, a personal loan from Shawbrook Bank could be an option.
Compare Shawbrook Bank secured loans
If you borrowed £40,000 over a 14-year term at 8.8% p.a. (variable), you would make 168 monthly payments of £461.49 and pay £77,530.32 overall, which includes interest of £33,040.32, a broker fee of £3,995 and a lender fee of £495.00. The overall cost for comparison is 11.3% APRC representative.
Am I eligible for a Shawbrook Bank personal loan?
You should only apply for a Shawbrook Bank loan if you are certain you can meet the repayment schedule, and you meet the following criteria:
- You must have been a UK resident for at least 3 years.
- You must be aged between 21 and 75.
- You must have an annual income of £15,000 or more.
- You must have a UK based personal bank account.
How do I apply?
If you think that a Shawbrook Bank personal loan is the right choice for you, there are four simple steps to the online application process.
- Apply for a personalised quotation at www.shawbrook.co.uk. Shawbrook Bank will then ask you to provide more information, such as your bank account details and your residential address for the last three years.
- You will need to accept the quotation and agree to a full credit search to proceed with the application.
- If the credit search is satisfactory, Shawbrook Bank will send you an e-signature pack, with loan documents for you to review and sign.
- Once you return your signed documents, the money will be in your account within 3 working days.