Santander was established in January 2010 when Abbey National merged with Bradford & Bingley, and was renamed Santander UK. Alliance & Leicester merged into the renamed business in May 2010. The firm has 20,000 employees, 14 million customers, and more than a thousand branches.
Does your business need additional funding to reach the next level? Or do you have a new company that needs a financial boost to get off the ground? For either of these scenarios, Santander may be a viable source of funding for you. It offers different types of business loans to suit the specific needs of different organisations and makes quick decisions on whether or not to issue funding.
Think Business Loans
Finder has teamed up with Think Business Loans to help SMEs quickly and easily find a competitive business financing solution that works for them.
- Match your business's eligibility in minutes with no credit check
- One simple form to compare 200+ lenders
- Receive your funds the same day with no hidden fees
Santander business loan options
- Asset Finance Loan. This is a flexible, low-cost solution to fund the equipment and vehicles you need to grow your business. This includes vehicles for business or personal use, IT hardware and software, plant machinery, scaffolding, and kitchen equipment. The terms are fixed monthly payments so you’ll know exactly how much you’re repaying each month.
- Small Business Loan. The Small Business Loan is designed to offer further financing to help your business grow. You must however, have a current Santander business account.
- Corporate and Commercial Lending. This is aimed at larger businesses that need significant funding. For more information, visit www.santandercb.co.uk.
Key features of Santander business loans at a glance
- Loan duration. The loan options have payment lengths that span between six months and five years.
- Security. Santander offers secured and unsecured business loans. With secured loans, any of your assets may be used to repay the debt if you fail to make repayments. This could result in your home being repossessed.
- Fixed monthly repayments. The Asset Finance Loan involves fixed monthly payments so you’ll know from the start what you’ll be paying each month.
- Option to take a repayment holiday. This isn’t listed as a standard feature so you’d need to ask Santander whether it would allow this in your case, if you want it.
- Quick decision. This is available with the Working Capital Loan. You can be approved within minutes but still have no obligation to take out a loan.
- Repay your loan early at any time. With the Working Capital Loan you can repay the full amount within 6 months at no extra cost.
- Quick access to funds. Santander’s loan information doesn’t specify this.
- No setup fees. The bank’s Small Business Loans come with no setup fees.
- Preferential rates for existing customers. Available to those who opt for the bank’s Asset Finance Loan.
Depending on the business loan in question, Santander offers fixed interest deals or variable interest deals.
Am I eligible for a Santander business loan?
You should only apply for a Santander Bank business loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms, and your company meets the following criteria:
- Trading for at least three months
- Operating as a limited liability partnership or private limited company
- Registered in the UK
- Good and clean credit history
- Directors, shareholders or members must not have had an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) in the previous six years
- Resident of the United Kingdom
- Over 18 years old
- Director of the company
- Authorised signatory on the company’s bank account
- Not declared bankrupt in the previous six years (you, and any of the other directors or owners or partners)
- No court judgements or decrees for the previous three years
- Not been a disqualified director or a director of a failed business within the previous six years
- Good and clean credit history
How can I apply?
If you would like to get a Santander business loan, you can apply online, by appointment in a branch or alternatively you can speak to the lending team on 0800 313 4481.
You may need to provide proof of the following:
- Limited company number
- 6 most recent VAT returns and 12 months of bank statements