Nucleus Commercial Finance coronavirus business loans
Nucleus Commercial Finance is now an accredited lender under the government’s Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS). This means Nucleus Commercial Finance is able to provide loans and finance to businesses that have been substantially affected by the ongoing pandemic.
Nucleus Commercial Finance was created in 2011 to help UK-based small and medium-sized businesses find alternative sources of finance. It now employs around 200 people and claims to be flexible and 100% transparent, including on any potential penalty charges. Borrowers pay an initial set-up fee and fixed monthly payments. It provides bespoke finance plans for property, construction, invoices and cash flow.
Unsecured cash flow finance
Business cash advance
All types of business finance from Nucleus
- Cash Flow Finance. A competitive cash flow injection that covers day-to-day business operations.
- Business Cash Advance. This provides funding for virtually any business-related purpose.
- Invoice Finance. This is an advance given to buffer your cash flow while you wait for a client to pay an invoice. It’s a way of ensuring that your business isn’t held back by clients delaying their payments.
- Property Finance. This allows you to use property as collateral for a secured loan and as a result, borrow greater sums of money.
- Education Finance. These are schemes that are designed for education providers and include access to EFSA instalments, outsourced credit control, cash flow management and more.
- Asset Finance. This is funding allowing you to invest in the machinery or equipment that your business needs to get to the next level.
Key features of Nucleus business loans at a glance
- Loan duration. The duration of the payment plans spans from 3 months to 8 years.
- Security. Secured and unsecured business loans are offered. If you’re going for a secured loan, your assets may be used to repay debt if you are not able to make your repayments. This could potentially result in your home being repossessed.
- Fixed monthly repayments. You will pay the same monthly fee throughout the duration of your payment plan.
- Option to take a repayment holiday. This is not explicitly stated on the website, so you’ll need to ask Nucleus about this option.
- Quick decision. When applying for a loan, you can expect to receive an answer within 24 hours.
- Repay your loan early at any time. No matter how early you pay off your loan, you won’t be hit with financial penalties.
- Set-up fees. Nucleus charges a set-up fee. The exact amount differs depending on the particulars of the loan in question.
- Preferential rates for existing customers. Nucleus isn’t a bank so this option doesn’t apply.
Am I eligible for a Nucleus business loan?
If you’re certain you can make your monthly payments, it’s worth exploring the eligibility criteria before you apply to Nucleus.
Nucleus has not published information about its lending criteria. So we’ve put together the following list as a guide – it’s based on the criteria set by similar companies.
- You have been trading as a business for at least two years.
- Your firm is a sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or a limited company. It also must be registered at Companies House if it applies to your business.
- Your business has a valid UK bank account.
- Your business’s premises are in the UK.
- Your company has a good and clean credit history.
- Neither you nor any of the your company’s directors, shareholders or members has had an individual voluntary arrangement at any time within the last six years.
Nucleus hasn’t stated its official requirements so this is a guide based on similar lenders’ criteria. Contact Nucleus directly for precise details about the assessment criteria.
- You’re a legal resident of the UK.
- You’re aged over 18.
- You have authority (signatory) over your company’s bank account.
- You have a good and clean credit history.