Unsecured cash flow finance
Business cash advance
What is Nucleus Commercial Finance?
Nucleus Commercial Finance was created in 2011 to help UK-based small and medium-sized businesses find alternative sources of finance. It now employs around 200 people and claims to be flexible and 100% transparent, including on any potential penalty charges. Borrowers pay an initial set-up fee and fixed monthly payments. It provides bespoke finance plans for property, construction, invoices and cash flow.
What types of business finance does Nucleus offer?
- Cash Flow Finance. A competitive cash flow injection that covers day-to-day business operations.
- Business Cash Advance. This provides funding for virtually any business-related purpose.
- Invoice Finance. This is an advance given to buffer your cash flow while you wait for a client to pay an invoice. It’s a way of ensuring that your business isn’t held back by clients delaying their payments.
- Property Finance. This allows you to use property as collateral for a secured loan and as a result, borrow greater sums of money.
- Education Finance. These are schemes that are designed for education providers and include access to EFSA instalments, outsourced credit control, cash flow management and more.
- Asset Finance. This is funding allowing you to invest in the machinery or equipment that your business needs to get to the next level.
- Construction Finance. This is a cash flow funding product designed for contractors and sub-contractors working in the construction industry.
Key features of Nucleus business loans at a glance
- Loan duration. The duration of the payment plans spans from 3 months to 8 years.
- Security. Secured and unsecured business loans are offered. If you’re going for a secured loan, your assets may be used to repay debt if you are not able to make your repayments. This could potentially result in your home being repossessed.
- Fixed monthly repayments. You will pay the same monthly fee throughout the duration of your payment plan.
- Option to take a repayment holiday. This is not explicitly stated on the website, so you’ll need to ask Nucleus about this option.
- Quick decision. When applying for a loan, you can expect to receive an answer within 24 hours.
- Repay your loan early at any time. No matter how early you pay off your loan, you won’t be hit with financial penalties.
- Set-up fees. Nucleus charges a set-up fee. The exact amount differs depending on the particulars of the loan in question.
- Preferential rates for existing customers. Nucleus isn’t a bank so this option doesn’t apply.
Nucleus Commercial Finance customer reviews
Nucleus Commercial Finance has received mostly positive reviews from customers on the review platform Trustpilot, where it currently has an “excellent” rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 280 reviews (updated May 2022).
Some customers cited that the loan process was quick and efficient, while others suggested the customer service was poor and communication was difficult.
Am I eligible for a Nucleus business loan?
If you’re certain you can make your monthly payments, it’s worth exploring the eligibility criteria before you apply to Nucleus.
- You have been trading as a business for at least two years.
- Your firm is a sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or a limited company. It also must be registered at Companies House if it applies to your business.
- Your business has a valid UK bank account.
- Your business’s premises are in the UK.
- Your company has a good and clean credit history.
- Neither you nor any of the your company’s directors, shareholders or members has had an individual voluntary arrangement at any time within the last six years.
- You’re a legal resident of the UK.
- You’re aged over 18.
- You have authority (signatory) over your company’s bank account.
- You have a good and clean credit history.
How can I apply?
If you want to apply for funding, go to the Nucleus’ website and fill out an online application form.
Frequently asked questions
Cash Flow Finance
More guides on Finder
Everything you need to know about Topcashback – a cashback site that lets you make money when you buy everything from clothing and electricals to travel, insurance and more.
Growing your business from pop-up to profit
Tips to help you grow your small business. (Paid content.)
Compare Tyl card readers
Learn more about how Tyl card readers work
Payhawk Corporate Visa card review
Find out how the Payhawk Corporate Visa card works to see if it’s right for you and your business.
ISA transfer rules
Find out what you need to know about how to transfer your stocks and shares ISA along with all the rules you need to be aware of.
Can you withdraw money from your stocks and shares ISA?
If you want or need to take money out of a stocks and shares ISA, make sure you’re aware of the rules and implications.
Can you have more than one stocks and shares ISA?
Stocks and shares ISAs can help you maximise investment returns – but they come with strings attached. We explain one of the key restrictions.
Stocks and shares ISA deadline
Use it or lose it: We explain why the stocks and shares ISA deadline matters if you want to maximise your tax-free investment allowances.
Using a credit card in Qatar
All the most important things that you need to know about using a credit card in Qatar. Read our helpful guide before setting off on your holiday in Qatar.
Best bank account switching offers in the UK for November 2022
We look at switching bonuses, what they are, how they work and which banks offer the best ones. If you’re fed up with your current bank, you could switch accounts and get a nice little cash bonus as an extra perk.