Cubefunder business loans comparison
Cubefunder business loans
Other popular business loans
Table: promoted deals first
Cubefunder business loans overview
Cubefunder is a direct lender not a broker.
London-based Cubefunder is a newcomer to the business loans market, having launched in 2017. While many business lenders will add interest for the time your loan is outstanding, Cubefunder has just one fixed fee which it adds to your loan total. This fee will vary depending on your loan amount and repayment term, as well as the size and creditworthiness of your business.
Cubefunder’s repayment model is also unique as it can adapt to how and when you receive payments from your customers. You can pay more off of your loan on months when revenue is good and less on months when it has dipped.
Whether your business has hit a financial emergency or you need a cash boost to get it to the next level, Cubefunder could help with a tailor-made business loan of up to £100,000. It’s quick and straightforward to apply online at the Cubefunder website.
Quick overview of Cubefunder business loans
|Minimum trading period||Not specified|
|Loan terms||From 3 to 12 months|
|Loan amounts||From £2,500 to £100,000|
Key features of an Cubefunder business loan at a glance
- Flexible repayment model. Cubefunder’s technology-based repayment plan means it can adapt to your business’s cashflow. On months when revenue is good, you can pay more and when it has taken a dip, your repayments can too.
- Soft searches. Find out if you are eligible for a Cubefunder business loan without it impacting on your credit rating.
- Borrow £5,000 to £100,000. Your loan amount will depend on the size of your business, its performance and creditworthiness.
- Repay over 3 to 12 months. Work out a repayment plan to suit your business needs and affordability.
- Repay your loan early at any time. Cubefunder will not charge you for settling early. You can let an advisor know if you plan to do this and they will work out what your settlement figure is. The loan charge will be recalculated to reduce the amount to be repaid.
- No hidden fees. Cubefunder adds one set fee when you take out a loan. It does not add late charges, as long as you have let an advisor know that you are going to have trouble with a repayment and have come to an agreement.
|Loan type||Fixed rate loan|
|Credit limits||£5,000 to £100,000|
|Loan terms||3 to 12 months|
|Loan rate type||Fixed|
|Personal guarantee||A personal guarantee may be required|
|Early repayment fee|
Interest rates are fixed for the duration of your repayment period. However, the rate you’re offered will depend on factors like the amount you apply for, the term of the loan, the performance of your business and its credit rating. This may differ from the advertised “representative APR”.
Am I eligible for an Cubefunder business loan?
You should only apply for an Cubefunder business loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also:
- Be a private, limited company registered at Companies House in England or Wales
- Have been trading for 3 months
- Minimum of £4,000 monthly revenue
- Have a current bank account with a debit card
- Not be in any insolvency arrangements
- Not be under notice of redundancy
How can I apply?
1. Apply online or by phone by providing some personal information and details about your business including its revenue streams.
2. Once your application is complete, the Cubefunder technology will create a payment plan that matches your cashflow patterns.
3. Although repayments are set out at the beginning, if your business goes through a period of change you can restructure your plan at any time without incurring default charges.
4. Once approved for a loan, the funds will be transferred to your bank account.
5. Make repayments as agreed by debit card. You can also make additional payment through the website.
Cubefunder customer reviews
Cubefunder has received mixed reviews from its customers, according to customer review sites like TrustPilot and Google Reviews.
The lender currently has a TrustPilot rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews (updated November 2023). Multiple Cubefunder customers who rated the lender below average complained that they were asked to provide “irrelevant” information and documentation for the loans that they were requesting.
However, on the flip side to this, 80% of reviewers who rated the lender the full 5 stars, stated that the service is “very speedy” and “highly flexible”, not mentioning being asked for extensive information.
On Google Reviews, Cubefunder currently has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars, based on over 35 ratings (updated November 2023). Like the TrustPilot reviewers, those who rated Cubefunder with low scores said that they were asked to provide a multitude of irrelevant information and found that the loans were slow. However, in contrast, those who rated the service highly, gave praise to the quick and simplistic nature of the lender, as well as the helpfulness of the team.
To contact Cubefunder’s customer support, you can phone them on 020 3137 2417 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The bottom line
So what’s the bottom line? Cubefunder is a good alternative to those businesses that have struggled to receive a loan from more traditional lenders and might experience peaks and troughs in revenue. With its fixed fee that gets added to your loan total and the flexible repayment model, you will be able to make an easier judgment of your business’s affordability. However, if your creditworthiness of your business isn’t quite perfect, you could be facing a higher fee than the advertised rate.
Alternative sources of funding
There are several types of business loan out there. The right one for your business will depend on how much you need and how long you want to borrow for. You should consider your options carefully before taking out a business loan.
How can we help?
Loans for your business needs
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Winners of the Finder Banking Innovation Awards 2023 announced
Now in their fourth year, we unveil the winners and highly commended companies of the Finder Banking Innovation Awards 2023.
The winners of the Finder Banking Innovation Awards 2023 have been announced!
Find out who has been voted as the winning and highly commended companies in the Finder Banking Innovation Awards 2023.
Finder Banking Innovation Awards 2023
Recognising innovation in digital banking, business banking, high street current accounts, personal finance apps and kids’ spending apps.
Best ways to invest £100 per month
Find out how you can start building wealth by investing just £100 a month along with some of the best ways to invest.
The best stock trading apps and platforms in the UK
We’ve tested, analysed and scored trading apps to find the 10 best trading platforms in the UK, who they’re best for and the pros and cons.
How to buy Shein shares when it goes public
Everything we know about the Shein IPO, plus information on how to buy shares.
4 ways to teach your children about money at Christmas
Help your kids learn to budget, manage their money and save this festive season with these simple money lessons.
Robinhood share trading app set to launch in the UK
Robinhood is close to launching in the UK. Find out when it’s happening, what investments will be available on the commission-free trading app and how it plans to make money.
One week to go until FinTech Connect 2023
There’s one week to go until FinTech Connect 2023 returns to London on 6 and 7 December. Get 20% off your ticket with Finder.