OneMain Financial has been helping people with loan solutions since 1912, and is a large network of local branches. The company provides personalized loan solutions, and one-on-one local services.
OneMain Financial offers a variety of flexible repayment and term options. You can make payments by phone, online or through a local branch. The company works to provide you with money when you need it.
|Product Name||OneMain Financial Personal Loans|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 12.99% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||0%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||3 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
|Min Loan Amount||$1,500|
|Max. Loan Amount||$25,000|
- No hidden fees
- Quick funding
- Poor credit ok
- APR typically ranges from 12.99% to 35.99%
OneMain Financial personal loans review
If you need a personal loan, OneMain Financial can get you funded quickly with a term that works best with your circumstances. OneMain Financial personal loans can be used for a variety of purposes, like debt consolidation, home repairs, travel costs, and unexpected bills. The company works with a “no surprise” approach, and rate, payment and term are all fixed. You will always know exactly when you are expected to pay off your loan.
If you have bad credit, you can still apply for a personal loan. In fact, the average applicant has between a 600 and 650 credit score.
In most cases, if you are approved by noon, you can receive your loan as soon as the same day.
Personal loans work with a fixed rate that is determined by credit history, income and other financial obligations. Depending on your state of residence, you can get a loan between $1,500 and $25,000.
Benefits of OneMain Financial Personal Loans
- No hidden fees. You don’t have to worry about hidden fees, rate expiration periods or early payment penalties with a personal loan.
- Quick funding. If you are approved for a personal loan by noon during a business day, you could get funding the same day. On average, funding is typically available in zero to three days of approval.
- Poor credit ok. If you have a poor credit score, you can still apply for a personal loan. OneMain Financial does not have a minimum credit score requirement. Most borrowers, on average, have a credit score of 600 to 650.
- Personal loans. OneMain Financial offers personal loans to fit a variety of needs. The terms are clear, and from 3 years to 5 years.
- Rates. All rates are fixed, and APR typically ranges from 12.99% p.a.
- Satisfaction guarantee. If you are unhappy with your newly opened loan, you are protected under a seven-day satisfaction guarantee. Within the seven-day period, you can cancel the loan with no prepayment penalties or risks.
- Branches. The company has local branches all across the nation.
- Loan amount. You can borrow from $1,500 to $25,000. Maximum loan amounts vary by state.
- Eligibility. Eligibility for a loan is determined by your financial history, credit history, income and expenses, and whether or not you have ever filed for bankruptcy.
- Loan restrictions. You cannot use your loan proceeds for college, university or vocational purposes. Additionally, the loan funds cannot be used for gambling or illegal purposes, to purchase securities, or for business or commercial purposes.
- Minimum income requirement. You must be taking home a minimum gross income of $20,400.
How to apply for a OneMain Financial personal loan
Applying for a personal loan is easy, and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- US citizen
- At least 18 years old (or of majority age in your state)
- Never filed for bankruptcy
- Not a resident of Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Nevada, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington, D.C.
- At least some established credit history
You can apply for a personal loan online or through a branch. OneMain Financial requires the following information and documentation:
Required documents & information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address information
- Loan amount and reason
- Employment and financial information
- Income amount
- Social security number
If you have poor credit but need money fast, OneMain Financial issues has a personal loan that can help. Before choosing OneMain Financial, be sure to compare it with other personal loan companies.