Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Currency Solutions review
Make a large overseas transfer in only a day without any fees.
Updated . What changed?
Sending large amounts of money overseas can be stressful. With Currency Solutions, you can be sure your friends and family will get the money they need sooner. And Currency Solutions doesn’t charge any fees for transfers over £3,000 (or the currency equivalent), allowing you to save money whenever you need to send funds overseas.
What's in this guide?
- Currency Solutions is best for:
- How much does Currency Solutions cost?
- What types of transfers can I make with Currency Solutions?
- Available currencies and countries
- What are the transfer limits?
- Pros and cons of using Currency Solutions
- The registration and transfer process
- What is Currency Solutions?
- What do customers say about Currency Solutions?
- Bottom line
- See how other services compare to Currency Solutions
- Frequently asked questions
Currency Solutions is best for:
- Regular transfers. Fix a rate and send your funds overseas.
- Buying goods abroad. Currency Solutions’ “best in industry” rates can help you get more for your money when making an overseas purchase.
- Business solutions. Currency Solutions offers an extensive range of corporate hedging products.
How much does Currency Solutions cost?
On average, Currency Solutions’ exchange rates can save you between 1% and 4% off the exchange rates offered by banks. If you’re quoted a better rate by a bank, Currency Solutions will match it.
Currency Solutions offers live exchange rates and monitors international markets to allow you to place trades at the best possible time. Rate alerts can help you stay up to date with market fluctuations. Dealers with the company monitor the currency market on your behalf and contact you when your desired market conditions are met.
Currency Solutions does not charge any fees for transfers over £3,000.
What types of transfers can I make with Currency Solutions?
Currency Solutions offers the following transfer options to help you get the most out of market fluctuations.
- Spot contracts. “On the spot” transactions offer a quick and easy way to send funds overseas.
- Forward contracts. Forward contracts allow you to fix your exchange rate for future purchases, protecting you against market fluctuations.
- Limit orders. You can set up a limit order to automatically buy a currency when the exchange rate reaches a predetermined level.
- Regular payments. If you need to transfer a regular amount of funds, you can lock in an exchange rate for up to 12 months.
Available currencies and countries
Currency Solutions offers transfers in the following currencies.
- USD – US dollar
- AUD – Australian dollar
- BRL – Brazilian real
- CAD – Canadian dollar
- DKK – Danish krone
- EUR – Euro
- GBP – British pound
- HUF – Hungarian forint
- NZD – New Zealand dollar
- NOK – Norwegian krone
- PLN – Polish zloty
- SGD – Singapore dollar
- SEK – Swedish krona
What are the transfer limits?
Using Currency Solutions’ online platform, you can transfer from £100 to £20,000 (or the currency equivalent). For transfers over £20,000, you would need to call one of Currency Solutions’ currency specialists at 020 7740 0000.
Pros and cons of using Currency Solutions
- No fees for large transfers. Enjoy no hidden fees or commissions when you transfer more than £3,000 with Currency Solutions.
- Competitive exchange rates. Currency Solutions offers a best rate guarantee. If you’re quoted a better rate, they’ll match it.
- Fix your rate. Currency Solutions offers you the flexibility of locking in an exchange rate now for future transactions, offering protection against market changes.
- Dedicated money transfers. Unlike banks, which deal in a wide range of financial products and services, Currency Solutions specializes in international money transfers.
- Location. Currency Solutions is based in the UK. Contacting customer service might be difficult because of the time difference.
The registration and transfer process
If you wish to transfer funds with Currency Solutions you will need to sign up for an account. This is quick and easy to do online, and once you’ve completed the sign-up process you’ll gain access to a secure user area where you can manage your account.
You’ll also be assigned a personal dealer who can answer any transfer questions you may have and offer advice on the best times to lodge transfers to minimize your currency risk.
The next step is to deposit funds into your Currency Solutions account. This can be done via bank transfer or debit card only. You can then log into your account online and specify where you would like your funds to be sent. This part of the process is simple, intuitive and quick to complete.
The final step is to agree on a transfer and submit your transaction. Currency Solutions will notify you as soon as your transfer has been completed — most major currencies (GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, AUD) will be transferred on the same or next business day.
What is Currency Solutions?
Founded in 2003, Currency Solutions is a UK-based international money transfer provider servicing more than 100,000 clients worldwide.
Having achieved the ranking of Number 1 Foreign Exchange Company on independent website Trustpilot, Currency Solutions prides itself on customer service by offering the best exchange rates on the market.
What other products and services does Currency Solutions offer?
Currency Solutions specializes in offering international money transfers to its customers and does not diversify across a range of financial products. However, in addition to personal accounts they also offer international transfers to business clients. Businesses can use Currency Solutions to pay accounts, import or export goods and more effectively manage their international finances.
You can contact Currency Solutions by phone at +44 (0)20 7740 0000, or fill out on online form to send a message.
What do customers say about Currency Solutions?
Currency Solutions has a 9.6 out of 10 TurstScore on TrustPilot, with 93% of the reviews falling into the “excellent” category.
Currency Solutions certainly offers an option worth considering when you need to lodge an international money transfer. Just make sure to compare its services with those of other transfer providers to make sure you get the best deal possible.
See how other services compare to Currency Solutions
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert