Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Bitcoin with cash: 3 different ways
Simple ways to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with cash.
Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are often purchased online, but that doesn’t mean you can’t purchase them with cold-hard-cash. It may involve a few more steps than usual, but thankfully there are several ways to purchase Bitcoin with cash in India.
Cryptocurrency exchanges that accept cash
How to buy cryptocurrency with cash
- How it works: Meet a seller near you in person, and buy Bitcoin with cash in hand, or any other payment option you agree on.
- Available exchanges:
- What to consider: Both the buyer and seller can be nervous about this kind of transaction. Make sure you only meet in a public place, and try to only deal with sellers that have a good reputation on the site.
- How it works: Deposit cash into a machine which will then deposit Bitcoin into your wallet.
- Available exchanges:
- What to consider: If there’s a Bitcoin ATM near you, then this might be a quick and convenient way of getting Bitcoin deposited to your wallet. However, it might involve significant fees.
Pay cash at a money transfer service
- How it works: Go into a Western Union or MoneyGram branch (or equivalent), and pay the cash for transfer to the specified recipient.
- Available exchanges
- What to consider: As long as there’s a branch near you, this is a very easy way to pay cash for the service of your choice. The downsides are that you lose some anonymity and you might get caught by fees.
What are the pros and cons of buying cryptocurrency with cash?
Like most things, paying with cash has both benefits and downsides. Depending on your preferred method above, you might experience the following.
- Typically not the most cost-effective option
- You will generally be limited in the amount you can buy
- Your platform options will be more limited
What are the fees relative to other payment methods?
Your fees will vary depending on your exact cash payment method. You’ll also find different standard commissions and fees depending on your method. For example, you can generally expect premium prices and relatively high commission fees for the convenience of paying with a prepaid card.
- Peer-to-peer cash in hand. Zero fees other than what’s included in the transaction cost.
- Bitcoin ATM. The fees and costs will vary between ATMs, but you can probably expect them to be relatively high compared to the most affordable options.
- Money transfer service. The fees will depend on which service you use, and whether there are also currency exchange fees involved.
More guides on Finder
Top 10 Indian IPOs to watch out for in 2021
This guide lists some of the biggest Indian IPOs in 2021.
How to buy shares in India (2021 update)
Learn everything you need to know in this easy to follow, step-by-step guide to buying shares in India.
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
How to buy cryptocurrency with your bank account
Want to buy cryptocurrency using your bank account but don’t know how? Find out everything you need to know in this comprehensive guide.
Polkadot (DOT) cryptocurrency: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the DOT cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
How to buy cryptocurrency with a credit card
Want to know how to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with a credit card in India? Find out in this step-by-step guide for beginners.
How to buy Bitcoin without ID in India
If you want to buy cryptocurrency without ID in India, find out everything you need to know in this guide on how to buy Bitcoin anonymously.
Common Bitcoin scams (and how to avoid them)
A comprehensive guide to what you need to know to detect and avoid some of the most common cryptocurrency scams.
Bitcoin mining: How does Bitcoin mining work and is it profitable?
Learn more about Bitcoin’s inner workings with the complete guide to Bitcoin mining.
How to buy Ethereum (ETH)
If you want to buy Ethereum’s Ether tokens (ETH) but don’t know how, find out everything you need to get started in this detailed guide.
Ask an Expert