Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Bitcoin with cash: 3 different ways
Simple ways to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with cash.
Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are often purchased online, but that doesn’t mean you can’t purchase them with cold-hard-cash. It may involve a few more steps than usual, but thankfully there are several ways to purchase Bitcoin with cash in India.
Cryptocurrency exchanges that accept cash
How to buy cryptocurrency with cash
- How it works: Meet a seller near you in person, and buy Bitcoin with cash in hand, or any other payment option you agree on.
- Available exchanges:
- What to consider: Both the buyer and seller can be nervous about this kind of transaction. Make sure you only meet in a public place, and try to only deal with sellers that have a good reputation on the site.
- How it works: Deposit cash into a machine which will then deposit Bitcoin into your wallet.
- Available exchanges:
- What to consider: If there’s a Bitcoin ATM near you, then this might be a quick and convenient way of getting Bitcoin deposited to your wallet. However, it might involve significant fees.
Pay cash at a money transfer service
- How it works: Go into a Western Union or MoneyGram branch (or equivalent), and pay the cash for transfer to the specified recipient.
- Available exchanges
- What to consider: As long as there’s a branch near you, this is a very easy way to pay cash for the service of your choice. The downsides are that you lose some anonymity and you might get caught by fees.
What are the pros and cons of buying cryptocurrency with cash?
Like most things, paying with cash has both benefits and downsides. Depending on your preferred method above, you might experience the following.
- Typically not the most cost-effective option
- You will generally be limited in the amount you can buy
- Your platform options will be more limited
What are the fees relative to other payment methods?
Your fees will vary depending on your exact cash payment method. You’ll also find different standard commissions and fees depending on your method. For example, you can generally expect premium prices and relatively high commission fees for the convenience of paying with a prepaid card.
- Peer-to-peer cash in hand. Zero fees other than what’s included in the transaction cost.
- Bitcoin ATM. The fees and costs will vary between ATMs, but you can probably expect them to be relatively high compared to the most affordable options.
- Money transfer service. The fees will depend on which service you use, and whether there are also currency exchange fees involved.
More guides on Finder
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
How to buy the Cosmos blockchain (ATOM) cryptocurrency
Learn where to buy ATOM, the Cosmos blockchain’s native token.
How to buy Bitcoin SV
Learn more about the Bitcoin SV fork and how to buy, sell and trade BSV, including a complete list of the exchanges that support it.
How to buy Stellar Lumens (XLM) in India
A beginner’s guide to Stellar Lumens (XLM), including how to buy and sell XLM and where to store your Lumens.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH): How to buy, sell or trade
If you want to buy or trade Bitcoin Cash (BCH) but you don’t know how, this guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to get started.
Best Dogecoin (DOGE) wallets
An in-depth guide to the best wallets for storing Dogecoin (DOGE), and how to choose the right wallet for your needs.
Top 10 Indian IPOs to watch out for in 2021
This guide lists some of the biggest Indian IPOs in 2021.
How to buy shares in India (2021 update)
Learn everything you need to know in this easy to follow, step-by-step guide to buying shares in India.
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency staking guide: How to stake coins for rewards
Staking is one of the most popular ways to earn an income with cryptocurrency – learn how to get started with this guide.
Ask an Expert