Volkswagen Fox insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Fox falls under and how much it costs to insure based on the specific model version.
The Volkswagen Fox is a subcompact vehicle with the typical efficiency you can expect from this German manufacturer. This vehicle is safe, roomy, fuel-efficient and affordable. In many ways, it’s the perfect first car. In this guide, you will discover all you need to know about insuring this vehicle.
What insurance group does the Volkswagen Fox fall under?
All vehicles are assigned an insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest to insure) to 50 (most expensive). This helps to determine the cost of your premium offered to you by insurers. Volkswagen Fox models appears in insurance groups ranging from 1 to 3, meaning it’s among the cheapest cars in the world to insure.
The costs will vary slightly depending on what group your chosen Volkswagen Fox model sits in. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £556 for cover on a Volkswagen fox 1.2 3d that is in insurance group 1 or around £607 for a Volkswagen fox 1.4 Urban Fox 3d that is in insurance group 3. That’s quite a significant between the various Volkswagen Fox models.
|Model / Version||Group (1-50)||20yrs||30yrs||40yrs||50yrs||-|
|1.2 60bhp 3d||1||£959||£556||£487||£393||Get Quote|
|1.2 3d||1||£959||£556||£487||£393||Get Quote|
|1.4 3d||3||£1,046||£607||£532||£429||Get Quote|
|1.2 (60bhp) Urban Fox 3d||1||£959||£556||£487||£393||Get Quote|
|1.2 Urban Fox 3d||1||£959||£556||£487||£393||Get Quote|
|1.4 Urban Fox 3d||3||£1,046||£607||£532||£429||Get Quote|
Volkswagen Fox insurance cost by location
Your location plays a key role in how much you’ll be charged for your car insurance. To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Volkswagen fox 1.4 3d.
- Expensive: £715 (London SE1)
- Average: £607 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £417 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Volkswagen Fox insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group your car appears in, there are a number of key factors that have a large impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger the engine within your vehicle, the more you’re likely to pay to insure it. For example, it may cost £556 for insurance for a Volkswagen fox 1.2 3d, while you may pay £607 for a Volkswagen Fox 1.4 Urban Fox 3d.
- Driver location. Insurers will assess the likelihood of your car being stolen or damaged based on where you live. This will affect the size of your premium. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £641 for insurance for a Volkswagen fox 1.2 60bhp 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £556. This £85 difference between London and Newcastle because Londoners are statistically more likely to make a claim on their car insurance.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,115 for the Volkswagen fox 1.2 Urban Fox 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £584. The average 20-year-old will have to pay almost double because motorists of this age are far more likely to make a claim.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your no-claims discount
- Your driving history and activity
- Your annual mileage
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Your marital status
How can I save on my Volkswagen Fox premiums?
When searching for car insurance, it’s worth searching for the best possible deal. Here are some ideas you can try to lower the cost of your premiums.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). By occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, you can reduce your annual mileage which will help you to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. It might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, but by paying annually you will eliminate the possibility of paying interest on monthly repayments.
- Install extra safety precautions. This makes your car less of a risk to insure, allowing insurers to offer your lower quotes.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Amica insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Amica falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki Ignis insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Ignis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert