Metro Bank Mortgage Rates & Fees
Metro Bank offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with Metro Bank?
- Fixed rate Your mortgage reate will remain locked for a set amount of time.
- Remortgages You can switch your existing mortgage to Metro Bank via one of its remortgage products.
- Offset With this mortgaeg type, you can use your savings funds to offset the amount of the mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Tracker Your interest rate will shift up and down alongside another publicly-available interest rate, typically the Bank of England base rate.
- Buy to let With this mortgage type, you’re eligible to purchase an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership With this mortgage type, you can purchase a percentage of the property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property as and when you can afford it.
How to apply
You can apply for a Metro Bank mortgage by calling 0345 08 08 500, visiting a local branch or arranging a callback via metrobankonline.co.uk
What information is needed to apply?
If you’re not an existing Metro Bank customer, you’ll need to provide proof of identity and proof of address. You’ll also need to provide proof of income via documents such as payslips, SA302s and company accounts.
You must be aged over 18 when applying, and no older than 80 when the mortgage term is due to end. You must haved lived in the UK for the last three years and be applying to purchase a property in England, Wales or Scotland.
Employed applicants must have been in continuous employment for the last 12 months, and in their current job for three months.
Metro Bank will still consider applicants who have unsatisfied CCJs and defaults (up to £500) and satisfied CCJs and defaults (up to £1000). You’ll still be considered if you’ve suffered a bankruptcy or an IVA, provided it
was satisfied at least three years ago.
Make general mortgage queries by calling 0345 08 08 500 or visiting a local branch.
Compare Metro Bank using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including Metro Bank, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert