Metro Bank is known for its focus on customer convenience; branches are open 7 days a week, there’s no need to make an appointment, and the products on offer are transparent and accessible. It was launched in 2010 and, despite being the first new high street bank to open in over 150 years, has since received numerous awards for its financial services. When it comes to mortgages, Metro Bank reviews each application on an individual basis and aims to make the process of getting a loan as smooth as possible.
Compare Metro Bank mortgages
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If you borrow £178,000 over a 25-year term at 2.21% p.a. (fixed) for 63 months reverting to 3.79% p.a. (variable) for the remaining term, you would make 63 monthly payments of £772.79 and 237 monthly payments of £889.85. The total payable would be £261,554.22, which includes interest of £81,580, valuation fees of £0 and a product fee of £1499. The overall cost for comparison is 3.3% APRC representative.
What types of mortgages can I get with Metro Bank?
- Fixed rate Your mortgage reate will remain locked for a set amount of time.
- Remortgages You can switch your existing mortgage to Metro Bank via one of its remortgage products.
- Offset With this mortgaeg type, you can use your savings funds to offset the amount of the mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Tracker Your interest rate will shift up and down alongside another publicly-available interest rate, typically the Bank of England base rate.
- Buy to let With this mortgage type, you’re eligible to purchase an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership With this mortgage type, you can purchase a percentage of the property and pay rent on the remainder. You can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property as and when you can afford it.
How to apply
You can apply for a Metro Bank mortgage by calling 0345 08 08 500, visiting a local branch or arranging a callback via metrobankonline.co.uk
What information is needed to apply?
If you’re not an existing Metro Bank customer, you’ll need to provide proof of identity and proof of address. You’ll also need to provide proof of income via documents such as payslips, SA302s and company accounts.
You must be aged over 18 when applying, and no older than 80 when the mortgage term is due to end. You must haved lived in the UK for the last three years and be applying to purchase a property in England, Wales or Scotland.
Employed applicants must have been in continuous employment for the last 12 months, and in their current job for three months.
Metro Bank will still consider applicants who have unsatisfied CCJs and defaults (up to £500) and satisfied CCJs and defaults (up to £1000). You’ll still be considered if you’ve suffered a bankruptcy or an IVA, provided it
was satisfied at least three years ago.
Make general mortgage queries by calling 0345 08 08 500 or visiting a local branch.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert