Compare First Direct Mortgage Rates & Fees
First Direct offers a range of fixed and variable rate mortgages that could be suitable for you.
What types of mortgages can I get with First Direct?
- Fixed rate With this mortgage type, your interest remain locked for a set amount of time, providing certainty about the size of your mortgage repayments.
- Remortgages You can switch your existing mortgage to First Direct via one of its remortgage products.
- Offset This mortgage type allows you use a First Direct savings account to offset the amount of your mortgage balance you pay interest on.
- Tracker With this type of mortgage, your interest rate will shift up and down in line with the Bank of England base rate.
- Variable rate With this mortgage type, your interest rate will shit up and down based on various economic conditions.
- Buy to let This type of mortgage is needed if you want to borrow money to purchase an additional property and let it out.
- Shared ownership This mortgage type allows you to percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder. When you can afford it, you can then apply to buy additional percentages of the property.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
Compare First Direct mortgages
If you borrow £170,000 over a 25-year term at 1.75% p.a. (fixed) for 62 months reverting to 4.74% p.a. (variable) for the remaining term, you would make 62 monthly payments of £700.04 and 238 monthly payments of £912.95. The total payable would be £261,424.58, which includes interest of £90,685 and a product fee of £495. The overall cost for comparison is 3.6% APRC representative.
How to apply
You can apply online at firstdirect.com or by calling 0800 48 24 48.
What information is needed to apply?
You’ll need to show evidence of your employment history and proof of income by providing payslips, a recent P60, three months of recent bank accounts, your pension statement etc. Self-employed applicants will need to provie at least two years worth of accounts.
First Direct lends all over the UK. There is no minimum salary requirements, but all applicants will have to go through affordability assessments and a credit check.
Existing customers can make mortgage queries by calling 03456 100 103 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compare First Direct using a mortgage broker
There are huge benefits to choosing to use a mortgage broker to help you get the right deal. They will do all of the hard work and research for you. They are experts in comparing the hundreds of loans and lenders out in the market based on your individual needs and eligibility, so you won’t have to worry about being forced into a deal. Your broker will also negotiate with your chosen lender on your behalf to make sure you are getting the right deal for you.
L&C work with over 80 different mortgage lenders, including First Direct, giving you a great opportunity to compare different mortgage deals in the market. To apply for a mortgage through L&C click the link below.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert