- Large selection of cryptocurrencies
- Low fees for active traders
- Pleasant UI for new traders
How to buy Bitcoin Cash (BCH) in the UK
Learn how to buy Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on 8+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
What are the key risks?1. You could lose all the money you invest
- The performance of most cryptoassets can be highly volatile, with their value dropping as quickly as it can rise. You should be prepared to lose all the money you invest in cryptoassets. This is an altcoin and these tend to be even more volatile than Bitcoin.
- The cryptoasset market is largely unregulated. There is a risk of losing money or any cryptoassets you purchase due to risks such as cyber-attacks, financial crime and firm failure.
- The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) doesn't protect this type of investment because it's not a 'specified investment' under the UK regulatory regime – in other words, this type of investment isn't recognised as the sort of investment that the FSCS can protect. Learn more by using the FSCS investment protection checker.
- The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will not be able to consider complaints related to this firm or Protection from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) does not cover poor investment performance. If you have a complaint against an FCA regulated firm, FOS may be able to consider it. Learn more about FOS protection here.
- There is no guarantee that investments in cryptoassets can be easily sold at any given time. The ability to sell a cryptoasset depends on various factors, including the supply and demand in the market at that time.
- Operational failings such as technology outages, cyber-attacks and comingling of funds could cause unwanted delay and you may be unable to sell your cryptoassets at the time you want.
- Investments in cryptoassets can be complex, making it difficult to understand the risks associated with the investment.
- You should do your own research before investing. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Putting all your money into a single type of investment is risky. Spreading your money across different investments makes you less dependent on any one to do well.
- A good rule of thumb is not to invest more than 10% of your money in high-risk investments.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a cryptoasset that currently ranks as the 21sd largest by market cap (that's the total value of Bitcoin Cash in circulation – $5.3 billion).
Like all cryptoassets, it's highly volatile, and capable of major price swings in a single day. As of 25 February, BCH is trading for $268.58 (£211.72), an increase of 0.51% against $269.94 a day earlier. Over the past year, Bitcoin Cash's price has seen a barnstorming increase of 105.15%.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash in 4 steps
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Bitcoin Cash is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit funds using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, bank and card payments are widely accepted.
Buy Bitcoin Cash
You can now exchange your funds for Bitcoin Cash. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking "Buy". If you like, you can now withdraw your Bitcoin Cash to your personal wallet.
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Simple and easy to use platform
- Built-in crypto wallet
- Instant card payments
- Copy trading features
- Well-trusted exchange
- FCA registered
Where to buy Bitcoin Cash
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade Bitcoin Cash by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select "Go to site" to sign up directly with the exchange.
Is it a good time to buy Bitcoin Cash?
Only you can make the decision about when is the best time to buy Bitcoin Cash. However, here are some things to consider as part of your research.
Take a look at the fundamentals of Bitcoin Cash. What type of coin is it? Utility, payment or governance token etc? How large is its market cap? How many coins are in circulation? All this will help you to understand how Bitcoin Cash works and how much risk is involved.
Also consider how has performed so far. Our charts below show you Bitcoin Cash's performance over time as well as its all time high.
Bitcoin Cash to USD and GBP calculator
Our calculator works out how much Bitcoin Cash would be worth in USD and GBP, depending on how much you hold or are looking to purchase.
BCH price last updated 25 February 2024, 09:02 UTC.
Frequently asked questions
Cryptocurrencies are speculative and investing in them involves significant risks - they're highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and sensitive to secondary activity. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This content shouldn't be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. Before you invest, you should get advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ARB).
How to buy Shiba Inu coin (SHIB) in the UK
Learn how to buy Shiba Inu in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Solana (SOL) in the UK
Learn how to buy Solana in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Dogecoin in the UK
Learn how to buy Dogecoin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Bitcoin in the UK
Learn how to buy Bitcoin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
Cardano price prediction
A panel of industry specialists give us their predictions on the price of Cardano over the next decade.
Litecoin (LTC) price prediction 2024
Learn how to stake Solana (SOL) by following a step-by-step guide. Start earning interest on your crypto today.
How to buy BNB in the UK
Learn how to buy Binance Coin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Cardano in the UK
Learn how to buy Cardano in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Litecoin in the UK
Learn how to buy Litecoin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.