If your vehicle has ever broken down due to a faulty tyre, a flat battery or a more severe fault, you will understand how important breakdown cover can be.
Read more to find out about Allianz Assistance, and to see if its cover is right for you.
Who is Allianz Assistance?
Allianz Assistance is one of the largest international insurance companies in the world and has been providing breakdown cover to motorists for over 35 years. The company has a range of cover levels both in the UK and in Europe across a number of motor vehicles.
What types of cover can I get?
You can get different levels of insurance for different types of vehicles and uses. Below we have listed the vehicles and uses you can insure with Allianz Assistance:
Other key features include:
- Vehicle recovery across Europe. If the vehicle can’t be fixed at the location, Allianz Assistance will get the policyholder, the vehicle and up to 7 passengers to the nearest garage.
- European onward travel. In event of a breakdown, if the vehicle can’t be fixed within eight hours, Allianz Assistance provides the choice of hotel accommodation, a courtesy car or rail fare with the European breakdown policy.
- Vehicle storage in Europe. £100 towards storing your car in Europe before it can be collected and returned to the UK.
- Repatriation of passengers. Allianz Assistance offers up to £1,000 towards return travel costs to get the policyholder and other passengers home.
- Parts delivered to Europe. If essential parts cannot be sourced locally, Allianz Assistance will send the necessary parts to the authorised repairer in Europe.
- Courtesy car on return to the UK. If the car is still being repaired in Europe, Allianz Assistance will provide a courtesy car for you to drive in the UK for up to three days.
What levels of cover can I get?
Find out what features are included within each different level of UK vehicle breakdown insurance at Allianz Assistance below:
|24/7 breakdown assistance||✓||✓||✓|
|Loss of keys||✓|
How do I make a claim?
If you’ve broken down and need to call Allianz Assistance, you can call them on 0800 777 107 or 020 8603 9407 (for calls outside of the UK).
All of the claims lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You will need to have the following details to hand before calling for breakdown assistance:
- Location of vehicle
- Registration number
- Contact telephone number
- Description of the problem
What is my excess?
An excess is the amount of money you contribute when you make a claim.
Fortunately, with Allianz Assistance there is no excess for any claims, so you will not be any more out of pocket if your vehicle does breakdown.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Zego insurance review Zego provides flexible insurance cover for delivery drivers, couriers and car hire companies. Car, scooter and van insurance all available with monthly or hourly rates.
Best temporary car insurance We've reviewed and rated the best temporary car insurance companies that the UK has to offer and ranked them based on key policy features and benefits.
How does your job title impact your car insurance? What you do for a living can have a significant impact on the cost of your car insurance. Find out why that is and which jobs are the cheapest and most expensive to insure here.
Best multi-car insurance We've rated the best multi-car insurance companies in the UK right now taking into account the strength of the policy and any discounts available.
Car crime statistics 2020 There were on average 37% less offences involving cars during the first quarter of 2020 than the same period in 2019.
Best car insurance for young drivers in the UK right now We've compared and rated the best car insurance for young drivers on a number of specific policy features and benefits that are relevant to younger drivers.
Motor trade insurance Motor trade insurance can be used by a variety of different companies – find out if it's right for your business and what cover is included.
Car insurance group 3 Cars in insurance group 3 are at the cheaper end of the scale when it comes to average car insurance premiums.
Car insurance group 2 With car insurance groups ranging from 1 to 50, insurance group 2 is one of the lowest group numbers with premiums often falling on the cheaper side for cars in this group.
Car insurance group 5 Cars in insurance group five are often cheaper to insure as they generally have good safety and security features, a lower market value and a less powerful engine than higher insurance group models.