- No-cost financial planning and automated investing
- $0 commission on stocks, ETFs and options
- Get up to $1,000 in stock when you fund a new account within 30 days
Evolv Technology, a crowd-safety company based in Waltham, Massachusetts and backed by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, is expected to go public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). We'll update this page as new information becomes available.
What we know about the Evolv IPO
Evolv entered into an agreement to go public via a merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), also known as a blank check company. SPACs are companies with no commercial operations that exist purely to raise capital through IPOs. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021.
The SPAC, NewHold Investment Corp originally went public in August 2020 and currently trades on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "NHIC." After the merger, the company will trade on the Nasdaq under the ticker "EVLV.".
How to buy Evolv stock when it starts trading
Once Evolv goes public, you'll need a brokerage account to invest. Consider opening a brokerage account today so you're ready as soon as the stock hits the market.
- Compare share trading platforms. Use our comparison table to help you find a platform that fits you.
- Open your brokerage account. Complete an application with your details.
- Confirm your payment details. Fund your account.
- Research the stock. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol and research it before deciding if it's a good investment for you.
- Purchase now or later. Buy your desired number of shares with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the stock reaches a desired price.
Finder's picks for buying Evolv stock when it goes public
- Trade options, futures, options on futures, stocks, ETFs
- $0 commission to close options
- Get $100-$5,000 when you open an account with $5,000 to $1,000,000+
- Trade stocks, bonds, options, ETFs, crypto, Treasurys, collectibles, royalties
- AI-powered analysis tools
- Get up to $10,000 cash when you transfer your account to Public
How do similar companies perform?
It's impossible to predict how any stock will perform — and IPOs can be particularly volatile. Looking at the performance of similar companies can help you decide if now is a good time to buy Evolv stock.See how the following stocks are performing, and view details like market capitalization, the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price/earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio and dividend yield.
Compare trading platformsCompare special offers, low fees and a wide range of types of investments among top trading platforms.
Paid non-client promotion. Finder does not invest money with providers on this page. If a brand is a referral partner, we're paid when you click or tap through to, open an account with or provide your contact information to the provider. Partnerships are not a recommendation for you to invest with any one company. Learn more about how we make money.
Finder is not an adviser or brokerage service. Information on this page is for educational purposes only and not a recommendation to invest with any one company, trade specific stocks or fund specific investments. All editorial opinions are our own.
More on investing
Looking to invest in tech? Here’s how to buy shares in the major tech companies, known as FAANG stocks.Read more…
A simple guide to buying stocks in your favorite European soccer team.Read more…
Here are the stocks that benefit from inflation, as well as industries to keep an eye on to reduce the impacts of inflation on your portfolio.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Is your portfolio diversified? Take the quiz!
Diversifying your portfolio can help you balance your overall portfolio. Not sure how diversified your portfolio is? Take our quiz to find out!
What is brokerage cash and how can I use it?
Find out more about this component of your brokerage account and how you can use this cash.
5 best international stock brokers of 2024
Want to buy and sell international stocks? Here are the top brokers to help you trade global markets.
Domain Money review 2024
First impressions of financial planning platform Domain Money and how it compares to the competition.
9 best robo-advisors of 2024
These are the best robo-advisors of 2024 according to Finder’s comprehensive review.
12 best stock trading apps of 2024
These are the best stock trading apps for 2024, according to Finder’s analysis.
11 best brokerage accounts of 2024
These are the best brokers of 2024 according to Finder’s comprehensive review.
How to invest in the S&P 500 in 2024
What you need to know about investing in the leading indicator for the overall US stock market.
Webull review 2024
Webull is a broker with zero-commission trading and a suite of tools to help you invest.
Fidelity Investments review 2024
Fidelity Investments is a commission-free broker with active and automated investment accounts, premium research and advanced trading and analysis tools.
Ask an Expert